We MIGHT have a problem with Evie's previous "owner."

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She has a lot of nerve. Good for you in standing up for the cat and taking care of her. What sane person lets a sexually mature intact female cat roam outside? 
She told you "that's WRONG" ??????????? THAT is wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:nfire: What nerve!

The kids may "heckle' outside the apartment for a while... but I suspect that other than that, that'll be the end of it. :cross: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes:

(And it doesn't occur to her to put up posters? Obviously A LOT of people aren't on the apartment building's FB page! And don't those posts just scroll down after they're posted? So how, exactly, does that help anyway? :dk: ).

ritz

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a horrible situation and what a horrible mother/example to her children!

I would try to get proof that this woman indicated on the lease that she did not have a pet.  If she wants to prove that SHE had a cat, well, then, she is also proving she violated the lease and maybe she'll get kicked out of the apartment complex.  (Does it cost extra rent to have a pet?)

I would take some pictures of Evie in your apartment; this also proves possession.

And definitely keep Evie inside no matter what; this lady sounds like she could kid(cat) nap the cat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

speakhandsforme

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes, I suspect that's the end of it too.

Ritz -- Evie is indoor-only now, and has been since we took her in, so that shouldn't be a problem. We actually took the precaution yesterday of putting her in my apartment instead in case they decide to come back while we're gone (currently dog sitting in-house across town) and do something crazy. (She gets my bedroom while Boots and Kramer have the living room and kitchen, as Evie does NOT approve of Boots. :lol3:)

We're going to the leasing office on Monday to ask about whether or not that lady had a cat on her lease... but we don't know her name, so it might be hard... but I'm assuming she went in there to ask about her cat. They might not be legally able to tell us about other people's leases, either, but it's worth a shot. It costs a fee up-front to have a cat, yes.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a rotten example of a mother that is to her kids. :mad: and how to treat a kitty. Excuses, excuses... hey we all have life issues and medical problems, but that doesn't mean you neglect an unaltered female cat to roam outdoors. :eek:nfire: You did GOOD - and deserve a big pat on the back and hug for standing up for Evie. :nod: I hope they stay away. Unfortunately, I have a feeling they might get another cat for the "kids" :sigh: I honestly do not believe how some people see cats and treat cats that they say are "theirs". I just can't fathom it. :shame:

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Unfortunately, I have a feeling they might get another cat for the "kids"
Yes, I have a feeling that may be inevitable, Feralvr.

However hopefully she has learnt from this and will spay and keep inside any cat they do have.

Good on you speakhandsforme... You've done a terrific job in a tricky situation

peer jones

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm hoping nothing like that happens in the future with new kitten

She is pretty distinctive, vet kept repeating 'Hemingway' then showed me extra claws/toes on each foot and said she's polydactyl

BTW, sent you a PM