we may be nearing the time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You and little Snick will be in my heart and my mind.  I tell people facing things like this over and over, we can "prepare," but we are never "ready."  I am just so distressed that so many of us are losing our beloved furbabies right hear at the holidays. 

However, it seems as if your girl is a bit better.  I will look at that as very hopeful!  My best to both of you! 

A candle is lit for Snick, for a good recovery or a peaceful passage, whichever is in her best interest.  The two of you have been fighting the good fight for so long now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I'm so happy to read your last post, and I want to apologize if in any way I sounded like I am judging you, it is exactly the opposite, you are doing an exemplary job of caring for your baby. It is the hardest thing we ever have to do, trying to keep our babies comfortable as possible and recognizing when their quality of life isn't there. Thanks so much for your update and please know you and your loved one will be in our hearts and prayers. hugs!
no, you didn't sound like you were judging me at all.

thank you.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

@mickNsnicks2mom ...Sending you thoughts and prayers for strength, peace and love for you, Snick, and Jaspurr. 

(My Rainbow cat Spotty was given Amphojel for mouth ulcers, which tastes like 'milk of magnesia', along with the Pepcid. It was the Ammonia not being filtered out of the kidneys that caused the ulcers, according to my vet. He hated the taste, so my vet said to only try it once, if need be.)

(I don't know if an appetite stimulant would work, because it can cause 'spacey' side effects, and can cause lethargy, so then we don't know if it's the disease or the meds causing unwanted symptoms.)

I'm hoping that your Snick continues to feel better from the antibiotic, and this in turn, causes her to regain her appetite, more and more.
thank you.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

You and little Snick will be in my heart and my mind.  I tell people facing things like this over and over, we can "prepare," but we are never "ready."  I am just so distressed that so many of us are losing our beloved furbabies right hear at the holidays. 

However, it seems as if your girl is a bit better.  I will look at that as very hopeful!  My best to both of you! 

A candle is lit for Snick, for a good recovery or a peaceful passage, whichever is in her best interest.  The two of you have been fighting the good fight for so long now.
thank you.

maybe instead we can look at this that some of our furbabies are given a very special gift, to cross the rainbow bridge at this very special time of year.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

@mickNsnicks2mom

I've been thinking of you and sweet little Snick all weekend. 
 Jaspurr also for being a good brother/furkid. I have no doubt that his love and support for you will stay steady no matter what happens

How is she doing?  

Much love to you Snick from all of us here. I wish you a very speedy recovery so you can enjoy the holiday with your Mom and Jaspurr or a quick, gentle passing so you can play with your sweet brother over at the bridge- whichever is truly best for you sweet girl. 

I think you're absolutely right. Having to lose a beloved furbaby at this time of year is especially bittersweet but I think that there is extra "staff" sent to the bridge to welcome all these sweet babies and to look over the ones they had to leave behind. They get how hard it is. 

macha 143

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sending you prayers and hope Snicks will feel better soon.

(((hugs)))

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

@mickNsnicks2mom

I've been thinking of you and sweet little Snick all weekend. 
 Jaspurr also for being a good brother/furkid. I have no doubt that his love and support for you will stay steady no matter what happens

How is she doing?  

Much love to you Snick from all of us here. I wish you a very speedy recovery so you can enjoy the holiday with your Mom and Jaspurr or a quick, gentle passing so you can play with your sweet brother over at the bridge- whichever is truly best for you sweet girl. 

I think you're absolutely right. Having to lose a beloved furbaby at this time of year is especially bittersweet but I think that there is extra "staff" sent to the bridge to welcome all these sweet babies and to look over the ones they had to leave behind. They get how hard it is. 
Oh, I so believe that.  I always sent a quick thought especially to Kimberly (the only dog who I ever gave my whole heart to) and Berry (my precious calico, who has the patience of Job) to keep a look out for the new arrivals. 

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Catching up on a few threads here, and very sad to read that Snicks has been having a rough time recently - I hope her apetite is still improving and your sweet-pea blossoming a little.   Time is precious and every little bit we can have together with our cats is to be treasured.  

sherit

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So sorry for what you are going through.

with love to you and Snicks ...

From

Sheri, Lily and Bro

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today at approximately 6:20 pm my darling little snick crossed the rainbow bridge. her passing was peaceful. i'm sure that our mickey, snick's beloved litter mate/brother, was there to meet her.

jaspurr and i sincerely thank you all for your caring and kind words/thoughts.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Oh I'm so very sorry. I wish I knew the right words to say. RIP dear little Snick. [emoji]127752[/emoji]

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so very sorry. I'm glad it was peaceful. You took such amazing care of her.  Sending hugs, & saying a prayer for you & Jaspurr!  

R.I.P. little Snick, you will be missed

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss. Snick was a special girl and will never be forgotten. I have no doubt that her brother was there to greet her.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise

today at approximately 6:20 pm my darling little snick crossed the rainbow bridge. her passing was peaceful. i'm sure that our mickey, snick's beloved litter mate/brother, was there to meet her.

jaspurr and i sincerely thank you all for your caring and kind words/thoughts.
I am so sorry.
  (Snick is probably catching up with Mickey, right now, and telling him that she left all the cat instructions with jaspurr, but mickey probably knew that, already.)  They'll both be watching over you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.