we kept forgetting we are from Utah

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We went to Seattle this past weekend for my niece's wedding and decided to take a float plane (45 minute trip) instead of driving (5-7 hour trip). The float planes are notorious for cancelling for weather conditions but we risked it, and got there with no problems on Friday. Coming home on Sunday was a issue, though, because our flight back was cancelled due to fog.

We rented a car and drove / ferried back, and as soon as we pulled up in the wait line for the ferry, a woman with a reflective vest came to the window and said, "Welcome to British Columbia! You are now in Paradise!!!" and handed us a fistful of coupons. We've taken the ferry many times and this had never happened before. And "Paradise"? Come on, it's nice here but there are problems, too, and there many, many other beautiful places in the world. 

Then we remembered the rental car has Utah license plates! People rubber-necked to look at us while we were driving, too, I'm guessing to possibly get a glimpse of a Morman family. I wish I'd remembered when she came by, I would have played along with the woman at the ferry remarking how different B.C. is than Utah. 

Last edited:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
:lol3::lol3::lol3: I guess you got to get a brief glimpse of your area through the eyes of a tourist.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hey, free coupons! I never say no. :bigthumb: You must've felt like celebrities with everyone staring at you! :lol3:

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
l'm glad to hear we're so welcoming to our southern neighbours.