We just rescued a stray pregnant cat. And we are not sure if she is in labor!

Newstraycatmommy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Any advice would be gladly accepted, she is running a fever we are first timmers on cat labor. She actually follows us while walking to the parking lot. And she just cried till I picked her up! And she has been clinging at the same time she wants belly rubs she lifts her behind up a lot. And I'm so nervous.... please help any advice is more than HELPFUL! THANK YOU! 🙏

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Can you bring her inside? I would keep her in and set her up in a safe place with a nice box and blankets, plenty of food, water, not to deep and a litter box.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Newstraycatmommy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Can you bring her inside? I would keep her in and set her up in a safe place with a nice box and blankets, plenty of food, water, not to deep and a litter box.
Yes she is inside, actually she is in my bedroom. Got her 2 cardboard boxes with blankets and extra sheets, did get her food she has 2 plates with food and water. But we are just nervous and thanks to Google we found this page....

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just be by her if she needs your company, talking softly and stroking her. A fever is NOT normal, normal temp. is between 100 and 103 degrees F. She may need a vet's help. A lot of crying means distress too. Make sure she has plenty of water to drink. Please keep us informed!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She may need to see a vet for the fever. Fever indicates infection. She may have a UTI or other internal infection and need antibiotics. Vet can confirm the pregnancy. Can you get her in somewhere today?

Thanks for taking her in!
N Newstraycatmommy

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If she is running a fever and isn't just the typical cat body temperature I would bring her to the vet as soon as you can. Infection can lead to stillborns or fever coat in kittens. Put up posters where you found her. Just to ensure no one is looking for her :)

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Is there an update? Were you able to get her to the vet?