We just had another quake!!

luvmyparker

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I heard them say the aftershocks could last a few months. The stronger the quake, the more aftershocks.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

parsleysage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Craziness. We had a couple yesterday but none that felt like that. I wonder why they would categorize it as a separate earthquake, or maybe that was a premature reaction on their part?

luvmyparker

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmm, not sure. But according to that site, it was in roughly the same spot and obviously not as strong as yesterdays, so an aftershock makes more sense.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

parsleysage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by My4LLMA

Hopefully that's it for aftershocks
Me too. It's weird... like a trainwreck. I find it fascinating but creepy and scary. Not a good thing to be comfortable in your own bed and feel unsafe. But I guess that's reality, and that safety is the illusion. Okay now I'm getting depressed

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Might be a good idea to take pictures off the wall and fragile items off the shelves for a while, until you feel sure it's over... my parents were in a quake in Japan when they were young, and the painting above their bed gave them a good whack!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yeah when we had ours last year, we looked up the activity in the area and there were like 19 aftershocks. You can't feel them all but they are all recorded. It's interesting!

resqchick

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It was pretty neat to feel it on Tuesday, don't get me wrong-it's darned scary, but I'm one of those people who enjoys a good adrenaline rush.

I haven;t felt anything since, but I've been running around like a nut between my sons football, middle school orientation, school supply shopping and shopping for the hurricane.
Maybe if I sat still for awhile I'll feel it.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sometimes I wonder if some people are more sensitive to feeling these things. Twice since the earthquake I've felt something. Other times too I feel vibrations from things but I think it's usually vehicles or trains; but no one else seems to notice. So many times I've wondered if it's in my head!
Which is probably that's why I thought that's all it was when the earthquake actually happened.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My first California quake (that I felt) was actually an aftershock from an earthquake that had occured 9 years prior and 93 miles away.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have lived in California all my life and have felt small quakes over the years. They had a small one a few years ago while I was working. It was just a little jolt, but almost everyone popped their heads from their cubicle, saying did you feel that?

The biggest one I felt was the Northridge Quake. DH and I were in bed. We had a waterbed at that time and DH woke up saying, "Sweetie, we're having an earthquake" I said "I think you are right" and went back to sleep. It wasn't until the next morning I found out how bad it was. We were a couple hundred miles north of the quake.