We Have SNOW!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish we had snow at christmas time.. but it's summer then. We had alot of snow this year, well we are still having snow and it's spring YIKES! well in the far north(4 hours away) and in the far south( a few hours away), Snow is so much fun!

Jellybelly- Is Texas a hot place? Will you ever get snow?

jellybelly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yah, Texas sucks! Well north texas gets some snow but down south, we may get a freeze or sleet, but nothing sticks that long to accumulate LOL! Only recently which was early March, of this year, we got a freaky weather cold front that made the temps drop from 78 to 28 overnight and there was actual snow, I actually saw snow and tasted it and everything, there was a good layer and then it froze, it was iceland everywhere, everything white and frozen, so I slid around on my ass a little in the back porch LOL!!!! My son wasn't walking then so I took advantage of getting out on ice. It last about three days then warmed back up to the 30s and stuff melted pretty quickly and things were back to normal. That front killed off all my plants and roses, everything went into shock. Completely took us by surprise. But it was fun! And like a dumba** I didn't take pics (banging head on the desk). LOL! ANyway...hope it happens again and this time I'll be ready with my camera

SnowAngel!!!! (formerly known as skykitty) I really like that picture and am looking forward to many more and seeing the fall colors. Fall here is like a humid summer, it's october and still hasn't gotten cold like it should be. The trees are screwd, one day it's warm, the next it's a bit cool, so they are messed up, parts of trees are turning fall colors, the other parts are like what the heck is going on LOL!

nora

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Our snow is all melted and it is back to fall again. Next week temps will get up into the 60's. Everyone is much relieved. People are a little worried that we won't get the color now, but I don't see why not. As long as the leaves are still on the trees they should change color. Next Saturday we are planning on going for a ride to Copper Harbour for a color tour - it feels litterly like the end of the world. Copper Harbour is at the Northernmost tip of the Upper Peninsula. We will drive up Brockway Mountain to see the color from on top of the mountain. It is truly breathtaking!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally posted by Lorie D.
I think living near mountains would be ideal. Those who like snow and winter sports could go up into the mountains to enjoy them. Those who prefer no snow and warmer temperatures could stay at the lower elavations where (hopefully) it wouldn't snow.
That's just one of the attractions of the Vancouver area. Minimal contact with S**W in the city (most of the time!), but pretty easy access to it for winter sports types.