We have new arrivals !!!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh they are cute! I think most people recommend waiting till the kittens are 12 weeks old before separating them from thier mommy. 6 weeks is a minimum.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

Oh they are cute! I think most people recommend waiting till the kittens are 12 weeks old before separating them from thier mommy. 6 weeks is a minimum.
10-12 weeks prefered ... 8 is the minimum I would some are still nursing at six

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ava112

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
just some news tabbys eyes are mostly open i have started calling her by her name Emily-Rose Avery or Emily for short lol even though im not sure she is a she yet.
FOund out that the kitties will be 12 weeks on christmas so old enough.my kitties are staying with me.

Just a gender question
the black one has 3 bits down there but tabby only has 2 you can clearly see some 'bally bits" on black but nothing in that space for tabby could they still develop or not.

ava112

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
oh and i ment 2 weeks old now so they would be at least 6weeks on xmas

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes its hard to tell when young. I've bred cats and I've been fooled a few times! With a black/white and the brown tabby they can be either or. If you look close you may be able to tell if they really look the same or different. If you had a calico (which is 99% female) you'd have something to compare.

You might have to wait a bit till the boys (if any) have more balls (literly) and pick more of a neutral name for the time being.

I would not let them go before 8-10 weeks - give them time to learn to play with each other and a little house rules and to be eating solid food and not nursing anymore. IMO 6 weeks is still way to young. They need socialization of littermates.

The brown tabby looks like a very nice rich color too!

cyberkitten

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh please wait till at least 12 weeks to give them as much opportunity as poossible to get a good start in life!! I know some less than reputable breeders (anxious to get rid fo their kits I spose) will advertise at 8 weeks (and that is the legal limit in many countries) but 12 weeks is the age when they have learned as much as they can from mom. Kits who leave mom early can have problems later. (Not always mind you but where you gave the capability of giving them the best, I would do that!). They are adorable! be sure to investigate well anyone who offers to buy them- and never give them away. Good luck!!!

ava112

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
just to let everone know i will be keeping these kitties so no need to worry about selling them to early.I am so so luckly she had 2 as i can keep them if she had of had 1 or 2 more i would have had to give at least 1 away which would be so so hard
the kitties my friend is buying will be 12 weeks old on xmas