We have a Problem...!

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
shinobi was found in a graveyard at 12 weeks old, so was an outdoor kitten. however, since we got him at 16 weeks we discovered that he is absolutely terrified of being outside. if you open the front door he runs away and is still, at 14 months old, very nervous of strangers.

so just because a cat was found outside doesn't mean they are outside cats.

i would keep the gingers (me and my dh are silly over gingers so that would sway him anyway!)

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Go with your heart.

If I haven't read between the lines wrongly, your DH and yourself are both swaying toward taking in the little Brit Blue (he's gorgeous btw, which kitten isn't, though?) and pass the 2 ginger boys to your DH's family.

I'd say that would be a good move, though, do try to convince your DH's family that keeping the two boys INDOORS is definitely better than letting them out and risking all that comes with being outside.

IMO, learning that lesson only when a cat is run over by a car or poisoned is learning that lesson one cat too late.

punkygirl0101

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I personally think you should keep the ginger kittens. There is no reason they cannot be indoor cats. We have taken in cats from as old as a year who were outdoor cats and adjusted fine to being indoors. 4 month old kittens will not have a problem with being indoors. (No reason to rehome IMO)