We have a night visitor

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
ok, thanks guys, so sorry for the drama. perhaps he came into my life so briefly so i could help his spirit leave this world peacefully. i will quit talking about such a bleak topic now and try to move on. thanks to all of you who responded to this. i know he is a better place- a much better place

russian blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would hardly call death or strong emotions drama Hissy. Never apologize for your true emotions!!Take the time you need, whether it is to yell, cry, or type!!

Another thought, is when one spirit leaves, another one comes awake. This is in many cultures. As one leaves this earth, people often look to see where the next spirit will reside. My grandmother believed that my great aunt's spirit lives in me (because I was the first born after her death and we have the same birth date). So maybe there is another animal life that will be of greater need?

I believe everything that happens in one's life, happens for a reason. Focus on the positive and go forward from there.

bren.1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh MaryAnne, that is so sad! I hope you don't keep blaming yourself, as others have pointed out, you gave Storm comfort and care when he didn't have it from anyone else.

Like people, some animals are only in our lives briefly. Storm made an impact on you, and maybe it is so you'll be ready for the next stray that comes along. (As if you wouldn't be anyway.) Apparently you made a big impact on him, too. At least you know you showed him that not all people are hurtful.

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry this has happened, but I agree with the others that you shouldn't blame yourself for not getting to this poor dog in time. It's always possible that the dog suffered massive internal injuries and bleeding the first time he was run over even if he didn't have any external marks on him, and was already beyond any help. You did everything you could for the dog and it's so sad that it ended like this.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hey gang,

I slept barely at all and am wide awake now. I just had to work it all out. Knowing that there is always a reason behind everything that happens, it is sometimes a puzzle trying to figure out why such things occur. I don't blame myself any longer, there is no point in living with "what ifs" I appreciate those of you who were around to help me grapple with this sad event. He was just such a magnificent beast.

lotsocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My heart is breaking for you, Mike and Storm. I wish I could do something for you....this is so horrible.

I am sending all of my warm thoughts your direction. (((((hugs))))

eclipse

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Dear Hissy,

I haven't been online for a bit so i only just read this topic...it started out so nice...with you wanting to give this wonderful dog a loving home... I feel really sad to read how it turned out :-( I am so sorry for you, I just want to wish you all the best, I know how much it hurts to lose an animal you are attached to... You're in my thoughts!

Love,
Jasja

tigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hissy,

I have been following this thread. I was sorry to hear about Storm
He was very lucky to have found such a great person like you!

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Poor doggie.
I don't blame him, for trying to run back to you. If its anyone's fault, though, its the butthead owner. Those kids had to learn to beat that dog, from SOMEONE.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
According to the talk we had earlier today with him, he swears he is not going to get anymore animals. But you know what? I have a feeling he wasn't being straight with me, because in the same breath he said his mother in law has wolf-pups now.

auburn412

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hissy -

That is really heartbreaking. It doesn't matter how well you know somebody (person, dog, or otherwise) seeing what you did would be horrible. My heart goes out to you.

I can't belive they would consider getting another pup. Just goes to show some people don't see animals as lives, just property. %#&*!

tamme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't belive they would consider getting another pup. Just goes to show some people don't see animals as lives, just property. %#&*!
I totally agree. I know many ppl who wouldn't blink at beating an animal because it's smaller and it's their 'property'.

Hissy, I just read this whole thread through, please accept our sympathies. I totally agree with everyone else, on all of their opinions of what happened. You are a compassionate pet owner and Storm knew this.

Feel good that you were the last one this dog saw before he finally passed on. That's probably why he was coming to you. I also think it was very insensitive of that guy to say he was going to give him to you anyway, did he actually say this over the dog's body? How rude! And then talking to you again is uncalled for. (Did I understand that right? He talked to you again?)

Bless your heart for being the person you are.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
John and I both read this thread last night and our hearts go out to you and Storm. He was a magnificiant animal you deserved better then what he recieved, but for the short time he was with you he knew love, sfety and contentment. That is the greatest gift that you can give to any animal and you gave that gift freely and without reservation. You could have held back so that you wouldn't have been hurt, but you are too giving of a person not to give your all to an animal or a fellow human being. Thank you for being you, because the world would be a darker place without you!

kittycuz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If Storm was the only pet those people had-he may have initially been attracted to your place because he knew you had pets based on their scent. That told him it was a loving home.

I have the same problem with my next door neighbors. They keep getting animals and neglecting them. Animal control talks to them. They get rid of the pet. Then they turn around and get more.

They now have three more pets after their last set. Thank God they are moving-they did not like the confrontations around here.

To be quite frank, you can't always reason with people. Sometimes they don't have the ability to comprehend and just keep perseverating by repeating inappropriate behavior patterns.

I think you are right on the money with your impression that they will get another pet.

I know you will do everything to have these people monitored if they do get another pet.

spooky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Hissy! I'm so sorry to hear about Storm. The good thing is that you were the last person he saw before he died. He was probably coming back to you for a reason, for love and security and for a home where he would feel wanted. At least he won't have to suffer anymore or be abused. And how horibble for you to see him get run over by cars. You must have been terrified and shocked to see that before your very eyes.

Be strong and know that we are all here for you, if you need us.

nenners

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh Hissy! I'm so sorry! You shouldn't blame yourself! Those people should have had him on a lead or have been watching him. It's not your fault in the least. They are very irresponcible people for allowing him to wander away like that unsupervised knowing that he would have to cross a road and they knew he was trying to get back to you!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just read this, what happened. HUGS I'm so sorry. I can't add anything to what has already been said. He knew love, and he knew safety and comfort. I'm sure you did give him the best time of his short life.