We have a blizzard!

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I doubt we'll get anything off or anything!

but yeah, total blizzard outside. That 3 inches that weather.com tells me we have goes halfway up my shin. And at this point, I can't tell if what's falling is from the sky or just blowing!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
eheh we are getting it also, i just called off from work(which really upset people) but even with a snow blower my drive way is closed again before i even get to the end(yes i have long drive way) after trying for 30 min i called it. i have a 4 wheel drive, and its stuck in my drive way

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's snowing like crazy here too.
My Husband just measured and we have almost 8 inches now.
We're supposed to get anywhere between 12 to 18 inches by the time it's over tomorrow.
Actually I happy as a clam, I love snow

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by esrgirl

I'm in Ft. Wayne, northeastern Indiana. We are supposed to get another 10 inches apparently. The snow is drifting like crazy and up more than halfway on the fence around our patio. I have a lovely little mountain outside my door
DH just stopped by in the ambulance to pick up some stuff to sleep in tonight and a change of clothes. They've had a bunch of runs today due to accidents, including several to the hospital I work at. Yay fun. Gotta love blizzards. I wish I had a real blizzard, of the Dairy Queen variety
Those are much better than the snow kind. I'm not sure what the actual inch accumulation is at this point, I just know the drifting is terrible. We're at a level two snow emergency, DH says we will soon be a level 3.
Fort Wayne!
Now I remember! Have an acquaintance there. (Teaching Physics last I heard.)

Anyway, we got a little snow but that is on top of the rain which is freezing. I plan to be in for the next couple of days.

Yes, a DQ blizzard is preferred much more than Mother Nature's variety.

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catlover19

It's snowing here too. We are supposed to get between 20 and 30 cm. I guess it would be pretty close to Leto86's weather since that is only like 20 minutes away.
Yeah, and it's getting crazier and crazier.

My aunt called a bit ago sayiing she was stuck in London that she was going to stay with one of her sons that lives there. Her husband is deaf so we have to relay the message to him.

But the amount of snow out there is crazy! It's mostly drifts.. so you'll get nothing here, then a foot and a half there.
My poor hairless dog, I put her boots on and her coat along with the clothes she was already wearing, but she still only went pee and ran back up to the deck wanting in. I don't blame her! I feel that way too!

I hope it calms down and stops snowing and blowing by morning though. I gotta walk to the rescue, and I'm n ot going to enjoy walking through that much snow, thats for sure. Not to mention I'm sure accidents are going to start piling up if they haven't already.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

esrgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Leto, I was reading an article online about how some of the guys from our hockey team are making fun of everyone in this city because they are all from Canada and are used to lots of snow! It was pretty funny to read. I think they have a point, but with the amount of ice beneath the snow it's pretty much impossible to do anything. I measured a foot outside my door, and that isn't from drifting I don't think, the drifts out front are a little bit more than half my height and I'm 5'2. I love snow! I just hate driving in it. I'd rather ski in it