We have a baby horse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

isabel

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Smokey black is a black horse that carries the cream gene. That means palomino or buckskin...if a horse carrying a cream gene is bred to another horse carrying the cream gene, you can get the double dilutes; like perlinos or cremellos...I'm not an expert on horse color genetics, so that's about all I know.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my, oh my. I am absolutely in love with her. Palomino's have ALWAYS been a favourite of mine. What a little beauty and how blessed you are with your beautiful horses.

boringjen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
A little info on smoky black

It's not always obvious to the naked eye if a horse is smoky black, so you get nice little surprises like a palomino foal out of two "black" horses.

Cute little yellow baby you've got there! My mom would be in love (her horse of a lifetime was a palomino QH, and she has a huge soft spot for them).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Isabel

Smokey black is a black horse that carries the cream gene. That means palomino or buckskin...if a horse carrying a cream gene is bred to another horse carrying the cream gene, you can get the double dilutes; like perlinos or cremellos...I'm not an expert on horse color genetics, so that's about all I know.
Thanks for the info!!!! We almost thought she was going to be a cremello because her skin was pumkin color, but her skin is turning black so she's for sure a palomino.

Originally Posted by boringjen

A little info on smoky black

It's not always obvious to the naked eye if a horse is smoky black, so you get nice little surprises like a palomino foal out of two "black" horses.

Cute little yellow baby you've got there! My mom would be in love (her horse of a lifetime was a palomino QH, and she has a huge soft spot for them).
Thanks for the info!!! Genetics are so interesting!!

Originally Posted by Yosemite

Oh my, oh my. I am absolutely in love with her. Palomino's have ALWAYS been a favourite of mine. What a little beauty and how blessed you are with your beautiful horses.
Tell her this one might be for sale