We had kittens a couple days ago...

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh, so young to be giving the tortie stink-eye, and so good at it already!  I can't wait to see some shots of their precious wodgie little kitten tails!  I am so pathetically addicted to the tails of young kittens!  They're just the sweetest things in nature!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

frogmonkeys

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
lol I'll have to try to get some for you then.

Today's weights have the smallest 3 almost the same!
#1 174 - 25 grams more than she was 2 days ago
#2 188 - 32 grams more than she was 2 days ago
#3 143 - 28 grams more than she was 2 days ago
#4 163 - 25 grams more than she was 2 days ago
#5 149 - 20 grams more than he was 2 days ago
#6 145 - 18 grams more than he was 2 days ago

#1 with her dark nose and eyes opening!

Little pirate #5. Arrg.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The weights are really good! Keep up the nice job. Some, but not all eyes open yet! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

frogmonkeys

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This post is hidden like this because its not a good post. Be warned if you actually click it.

So I have a 3 year old son. His father and I are not "together" but we all live together. I'm on call for work so I'm out in the living room staying awake to see if i get called in. They are in the bedroom. My son comes out to me and says something about the kittens. I go in there and his dad is laying there not paying any attention. The blankets the kittens had with them are pulled out onto the bed. I freak. I look around and the kittens are all still hidden under the headboard sleeping in a pile. Except one. #1 to be exact. She is off to the side under the headboard. I go to pick her up and shes cold and limp. Shes still breathing. I warm up blankets and am wrapping her up. I get her warm but she's still limp. I am thinking he tried to pull her out and slammed her head. She would move her legs a little every now and then, but for the most part layed there drooling. I kept her warm and cuddled her as her respirations got slower. She passed in my hands a gew minutes ago. I want to punch him. Part of the whole reason we broke up was because he would focus on his computer and ignore our son. They were right there in bed together and he was too busy watching twitch videos to pay attention. I feel sick to my stomach. Little black nose... I can't do this..

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear this. Is there a more secure place to move mom and kittens?

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm sorry you lost #1. It may have been destined to happen anyway. We'll never know.

I know your cat likes it under there, but can you keep the kittens in the bedroom with you?

Last edited:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh, Darlin.  I am grieving with you over this.  Not your fault, but you know that.  You probably don't feel it, but you know it.  Hugs.

Rest you gentle, Little #1, dream you deep.  You are remembered.

frogmonkeys

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
After moping around for a couple days I'm climbing back on the horse. I didn't obsessively weigh them Sunday or Monday. Just let them cuddle with mom and nurse. Tuesday before I left for work I weighed them all again. But I didn't do it today yet. Doing the math since I got the scale they are all gaining an average of 7 grams or more a day, big girl was up around 12 I think.

Now for the picture spamming!

Big girl #2! My friend's daughter has fallen in love with her pictures and convinced her mom that she deserves a cat of her own as well. My friend has a female cat and a special needs dandy walker syndrome little guy, and both her older brothers have siamese cats/kittens. The oldest has this litters uncle actually. The other brother wanted his so he just got his own siamese kitten since he couldn't take his brother's lol. They are a cat family. BTW both brothers are grown and out on their own so it'll just be this girl and my friend's two there. So far she's thinking either Patches or Pippin.

#6. The little tuxedo boy. A nurse at work has claimed him. She has 2 females she got from the shelter a few years ago and says she will fight whoever might try to take him to the death lol. So far he is Captain Zulu to go with Space Cat and whatever the other cats name is...

Little #3. Her and Zulu are the same size now. They've stayed consistently either exactly the same or a gram apart since Saturday. She was the first kitten with a possible home. 2 days old a childhood friend saw the litter and said when they are older and able to visit and play she'd like to bring her stepdaughter over to meet her. Little girl is older, I think around 9. So in another month or so Arianna will come meet her possible kitten. If they don't take her a lady at work is wanting her as a friend for the little girl kitten she just got.

#5 the siamese (?) boy. No names or homes for him, yet.

And last but not least #4. She has no name or home yet either. She fell asleep on my neck earlier... :3 such a sweetie.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
This is very good news! They are all so sweet looking! [emoji]128149[/emoji]

Please do weigh them daily, as 7-10 grams is a minimum only. They really should gain even more. They should ideally double their birth weights by the end of the first week, and weigh 8 ounces apiece at 2 weeks. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

frogmonkeys

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just weighed them this morning. Big girl is 9 oz. The white ones are 7.9 and 8 oz. Then the tortie girl is 6.9 and the tuxedo boy 6.8 oz. I'm going to definitely try to up their supplemental feedings then... tomorrow evening they'll be 2 weeks so they have just over an ounce each they have to gain...

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Ah, they are doing well though, but helping the smallest is a good idea! [emoji]128077[/emoji]