We had an earthquake!!

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG!! You actually are excited?!
I would of been totally freaking!! LOL...

Those types of things skeer the heck outta me!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Like I said - it was over before we even knew what it was, it really was nothing. We were just excited to feel our first tremors

We definitely need to think about earthquake kits for us and the pussy cats though.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Like I said - it was over before we even knew what it was, it really was nothing. We were just excited to feel our first tremors
It was the same for me when we lived in Berkeley. By the time I realized what was happening, it was over!

Yeah, you need to get supplies just in case. I just checked our emergency packs last week, and almost all the food and water needs replacing or has expired.

We have the cat carriers and our emergency packs by the front door. We still need to come up with an emergency plan for tsunamis, though.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

And you were excited?
I would have peed myself
I would have too!
I even hit the basement at the first sign of a thunderstorm..

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was woken up by one a few years ago. Not a big one by any means, but a few things fell over and my bed rattled against the wall. I remember leaping out of bed and yelling that there had been an earthquake and being told not to be so silly (I was staying with my parents at the time). However I wasn't the one feeling silly when there was a news report about it the next morning

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was a kid my parents made me live in San Diego (I've since tried to sue for child abuse but I've had no luck so far). One day we were having dinner at my parents and the table started rattling, I was excited at an earthquake but everyone-else just picked up their glasses and then carried on eating

I remember an 'earth-tremor' hitting Wiltshire but I've never witnessed anything like an earthquake in England thankfully