We Had A Visitor For Breakfast This Morning

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

voyager

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Our definitions of happy endings are very different.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

voyager

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just for the record:

The repairs to the lanai screening have been made for a while.
The intruder cat has not been able to access our cats' food on the lanai.
It doesn't know how to use the cat door.
I have put off any attempt to discourage its trespassing.
It does still come around.
It considers our yard to be part of its territory.
That will be remedied in the near future.
What has stalled the trapping venture is that I'll probably end up trapping two, not so bright, black cats time after time while the intruder goes merrily about its business.

Today for the first time, I had the opportunity to take a good long look at it to study it more closely.
I was sitting on the lanai with my morning coffee when it came into the lawn area adjacent to the lanai, then walked along the long back wall towards the unscreened area of the lanai.
I was able to get a somewhat distorted view of it through the clear corrugated roofing panels that now line the bottom 30" of the screened walls.

It is NOT a skinny grey cat.
That was a description given by M'Lady after they startled each other while it was eating out of our cats' dishes.
It is a Siamese mix, robust, well developed tom looking muscular, not skinny or fat.
I couldn't see, but from its physical development, I believe it is not neutered.
It does not have a collar on it.
That cat is not feral or abandoned.
It belongs to someone in the neighborhood.

There is an abandoned bank owned house on a lot near the back end of our lot.
The neighbors adjacent to that lot have been having problems with squatters that have moved into it, a common problem in the area.
It had not had much affect on us as the back ends of all the nearby lots are undeveloped jungle.
They do have a dog as mentioned in a report made by a neighbor.
This cat has only appeared since they took over the abandoned house.
I think it belongs to them.
That is an assumption, but I will regard it as fact.

After the intruder walked along the back wall, Tubby cat saw him and came out to give a minor, ineffectual challenge to him.
The intruder ran at and after Tubby, whereupon I yelled out and jumped up chasing it off before it could do any harm to him.
Dummy has a superficial wound on his butt that is beginning to heal nicely.
I think the intruder is the cause of it.