We Got The House!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You had to wait a long time but it sounds like it will be worth the wait!!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

That is awesome Laurie!!!! I bet the cats are going to love the big picture windows and running up and down the stairs!!

And something I learned at our new place about big living rooms with "floating" furniture. A good scratch post behind the sofa goes a long way to prevent the back of the sofa from becoming a scratch post!

berylayn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yay! congrats!
That house looks absolutely amazing and will be so worth the wait for all the fixing up that will be done. We'll have to see the before and after pics once all is said and done!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You were due, Laurie!! I'm so glad this has come together for you, and that's WONDERFUL that the landlord acknowledges that there's a bunch of work that needs doing and is going to do it before you move in.

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S ! !

The place looks lovely, too. I'm sure you're going to enjoy it.

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad this worked out for you and Gary, you deserve something good after all your rotten luck lately!

Great place!

keisha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Its a really nice house. and its big. I'm sure your entire family will love it. congratulations.

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations! It does sound like a bit of work but I'm sure it'll be well worth it!

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by HopeHacker

I'll bet in autumn you will have quite a beautiful view there.
The house looks sooooo beautiful and spacious!

Originally Posted by catsRNmom

but good things come to good people..I love all of the nature around the house
I agree with that...Good stuff is finally coming back to you and your Dh and I am so very pleased for you! You two definately deserve it!!! Congrats, Laurie and I hope that you enjoy your new home, as I'm sure you will!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is wonderful! The house has such great personality... I hope your family will be very happy there! Congratulations!

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so happy for you! Being a renter that has moved at least 20 times in my adult life, I know how hard finding a place that you love can be. A 3 BR house for 2 people is great. We have ours, the kits, and the 3rd Br is a computer/music room. I love your deck It looks like the perfect place to have coffe on nice mornings.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jennyranson

Good news for you at last. I am so pleased. Send pix when it's all furnished, won't you?
The living room here is so small we have two love seats - no couches. Our furniture is going to look like doll house toys in the new place! But that just means more room for kitties to play.

It also means that if we ever get back to earning more money than we need to just survive, we get to buy more furniture.
Just something to look forward to.

Thank you all SO MUCH for your good thoughts and happiness about this! It's just that looking for a house coincided with Gary having to take a big exam for work - which he didn't pass
- so now he has to wait 30 days before he can take that exam again. So now we don't have the stress of finding a place - we just have the stress of co-ordinating getting this one fixed up, his mother coming to help us move, and moving while he has to study.

If it isn't one thing, it's another. But this is a GOOD thing.

to all!

Laurie