We finally have a man in the house!

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After all these years with only girls girls girls, we finally have a man around the house and my new foster boy showed my girls how it's done....

This was the scene as it unfolded the other night on some poor innocent bug that made the fatal mistake of wandering into our home.....

"So girls, what do you think this is?"

"I don't know, but it's moving. Careful!"

"Step aside lady's. Let me show you how a man takes care of things"

"Now, first off, just bat it around a bit, then cover it with your paw like this to make sure it doesn't escape."

"Ohhhh...you're so brave!!"

"Now, Ladies, Just pick it up in your teeth like so....."
"You mean like this??"

"Yeah, just like that. Then you take it and eat it!"
"And that, lady's, is how the men take care of business!"

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is so cute
I have that same thing here with so many when a bug gets in the house but mine hate me because I take it away
There was a very small toad outside the slider the other evening and I said what are you looking at
they looked at me like FROG LEGS that's what mom

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awww....finally a man around the house to fix the plumbing!
You're going to have some tough ladies around your house now...

BTW-I must've missed it, but does you little foster "stud muffin" have a name?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

BTW-I must've missed it, but does you little foster "stud muffin" have a name?
Ooops!
Yes - his name is Chance, but it should have been "holy freakin terror" instead.
. He is out of control! On everything he shouldn't be, in everything he shouldn't be, fresh with all my girls, surprise attacking them out of nowhere, doesn't listen at all, stubborn as hell....need I go on!

He's a cutie, but definitely a little boy!

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by lisasha3

Ooops!
Yes - his name is Chance, but it should have been "holy freakin terror" instead.
. He is out of control! On everything he shouldn't be, in everything he shouldn't be, fresh with all my girls, surprise attacking them out of nowhere, doesn't listen at all, stubborn as hell....need I go on!

You forgot to mention "brave"! I thought he was very brave with the bug. It looked like "Kitty Fear Factor"!

mikeanderson

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Ooops!

I've had several cats of both sexes, and in my experience, male cats tend to be a lot more troublesome. But they also tend to have a lot more personality and character. That's not to say they're "better" than female cats, they're just different.

Multiply the differences by a factor of five or so if the male isn't neutered.

The ancient Egyptians thought male cats and female cats were two different species altogether!

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ROFL That was very cute! He's a very handsome little guy, and a very adept bug-killer.
My girls don't go for the bugs so much, either, but my little man does!

jessienkitty

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
that is so adorable! Buddha is the closest thing to a man we have in the house.. and he sleeps on my shoulder all day.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MikeAnderson

I've had several cats of both sexes, and in my experience, male cats tend to be a lot more troublesome. But they also tend to have a lot more personality and character. That's not to say they're "better" than female cats, they're just different.
Agreed!!! I too have had males in the past, now I have all females. I haven't had a male in the house (Catwise
) in about 15 years. You are right, they are soooo different. My girls are a lot more "stuck-up" shall we say and my little boy is just plain wild. Actually the similarities between DB and DG are unbelievable.

jane_vernon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So cute!! Great captions! And they all look like they are getting on so well!!

My little man is the softy in the family! And Portia is the terror!

mikeanderson

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

My girls are a lot more "stuck-up" shall we say and my little boy is just plain wild.
You may find that over time you develop the closest attachment to the male cat. Males will soak up all the attention and then demand more of it, while females are more take-it-or-leave-it.

My wife is incredibly devoted to our ginger tom, Misto. They're absolutely inseparable, and there are times when I'm pretty sure she loves him more than me. I don't look forward to the day when he passes on...

Here's a shot of the two of 'em:

BTW, my wife's a lot slimmer than she looks in that photo; it's a wide-angle lens, don't you know!

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by MikeAnderson

You may find that over time you develop the closest attachment to the male cat. Males will soak up all the attention and then demand more of it, while females are more take-it-or-leave-it.

My wife is incredibly devoted to our ginger tom, Misto. They're absolutely inseparable, and there are times when I'm pretty sure she loves him more than me. I don't look forward to the day when he passes on...

Here's a shot of the two of 'em:

BTW, my wife's a lot slimmer than she looks in that photo; it's a wide-angle lens, don't you know!
I love odd-eyed cats, and I don't think I've ever seen a ginger cat with odd eyes! I don't blame your wife for doting on him...I'd do the same thing!