we broke up

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So far today has been less hard...I suppose. I'm not crying as much, which is good. The unfortunate part is I have that stinky little voice in the back of my head saying "you loved him so much, how could you let him go? Maybe his requests do make sense? What about all of those hopes and dreams and plans you had with him? You know this means you'll never see him again, don't you?" It's horrible to think that way.
Don't worry, I know I was right, and I have a promise that I made to myself a long time ago. I'll never go back to any man that I've broken up with, because you break up for a reason, and those things don't go away.
I actually got enough sleep last night. I suppose that's a start, although I did wake up nautious. If only I could force myself to eat.
I'm so lucky to have such supportive friends and family, my parents spent last night holding me and telling me I did the right thing.
I supopse I should have known the minute he told me he didn't like cats. What was I thinking?
Man I miss him.

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He didn't like cats!!!
That's always the first question if I think things are getting serious.

Did you read my post above? Your weight is NONE of his business, so don't even think if you did get back together he wouldn't start trying to control you again by putting the fear in you. Noone should live like that.
Originally Posted by Sylorna

So far today has been less hard...I suppose. I'm not crying as much, which is good. The unfortunate part is I have that stinky little voice in the back of my head saying "you loved him so much, how could you let him go? Maybe his requests do make sense? What about all of those hopes and dreams and plans you had with him? You know this means you'll never see him again, don't you?" It's horrible to think that way.
Don't worry, I know I was right, and I have a promise that I made to myself a long time ago. I'll never go back to any man that I've broken up with, because you break up for a reason, and those things don't go away.
I actually got enough sleep last night. I suppose that's a start, although I did wake up nautious. If only I could force myself to eat.
I'm so lucky to have such supportive friends and family, my parents spent last night holding me and telling me I did the right thing.
I supopse I should have known the minute he told me he didn't like cats. What was I thinking?
Man I miss him.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by vespacat

He didn't like cats!!!
That's always the first question if I think things are getting serious.

Did you read my post above? Your weight is NONE of his business, so don't even think if you did get back together he wouldn't start trying to control you again by putting the fear in you. Noone should live like that.
No, he doesn't like cats, and is actually rather allergic to them. He liked Chester though, and even helped me adopt him from the humane society. Never again, I don't need a cat LOVER but someone who likes them is important.
My mom keeps on telling me he was controlling. His dad is very controlling, so I can see where he'd get that from, but I dont see it in him. Maybe I'll see more clearly in a week or two.
I've added you to my Yahoo list, incase you wanted to talk.