We are Siamese, please-picx thread

vwvixen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Catfur

I believe that Miura may actually be a Tonkinese, not a Siamese. While the Tonkinese is very similar in body shape to the traditional Siamese (The Tonk tends a little more to "cobby" but not much), I believe the giveaway is the eyes, the mink phenotype (A mix of the recessive genes for sepia and pointed coloration) tends to produce light blue or aqua colored eyes and the pointed phenotype shows up as deep, sapphire blue eyes. The Traditional Siamese generally only comes in the pointed variety, while the Tonk traditionaly comes in mink (but also as sepia and pointed). However, full adult coloration in both the coat and eyes takes some time to develop, so it is difficult to say without seeing her parents. When she is full grown, if her eyes stay the same, light blue, then she is probably a Tonkinese (very few "random bred" cats show the mink coloration), if they develop into a deeper blue than she shows Siamese ancestry.
Wow! Thanks for all that info! I am going to copy it and add it to her thread so I can keep track of it. Unfortunately, I do not have info on her parents...got her from a no kill shelter in Ontario, CA...there were about 5 more from her litter there...one was more darker than the others.

lucia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Loubelia

You're right Lucia-Simba is the traditional Applehead.
Frodo: http://members.lycos.co.uk/TSCA/2.html
That will kinda help you define Siamese breeds

Love all of your Siamese pics everyone!
Keep them coming!!
LOL this photo captures the Siamese look of 'entitlement'..or as one of mine believes: "everything is for Razpy."

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

loubelia

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Lucia said:
The Walmart photo is hilarious! Handsome boy!

Here are my 2 meezers, Razp(y)utin and Sasha. Sasha is a snowshoe, and Razpy is a 'reverse' meezer: chocolate brown with white toes in the front. (His littermate looked like a normal chocolate point!) Razpy had been home for abt 2 weeks in the first photo.
Sasha thinks he is a pest, both then and now!

I love both cats, but I really like how the lighting on Razpy created that blue streak on his temple. Kind of looks cool there.
Here's another of Mr. Simba in the bathtub.