We are sad

p3 and the king

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not only that, and Nebula I am in no way discrediting you or saying you have not been healed.  I believe that if you believe it, it is true.  Sometimes it really is mind over matter.  But, Borderlines are very hard to treat and no one can be sure the meds actually help with it... and mixed with depression, sometimes they can go for months or years and feel normal or fine. So, once someone is diagnosed as borderline, they usually don't get a clean bill of health because like a lot of mental disabilities (I don't know if that is the PC term so I am sorry if I got it wrong) there is no real "cure."  My mom has to deal with these kids in her school.  And she has to deal with the paperwork, too.  So she knows a lot about all the mental and chemical things that cause this.   

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nebula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not only that, and Nebula I am in no way discrediting you or saying you have not been healed.  I believe that if you believe it, it is true.  Sometimes it really is mind over matter.  But, Borderlines are very hard to treat and no one can be sure the meds actually help with it... and mixed with depression, sometimes they can go for months or years and feel normal or fine. So, once someone is diagnosed as borderline, they usually don't get a clean bill of health because like a lot of mental disabilities (I don't know if that is the PC term so I am sorry if I got it wrong) there is no real "cure."  My mom has to deal with these kids in her school.  And she has to deal with the paperwork, too.  So she knows a lot about all the mental and chemical things that cause this.   

Since this isn't the IMHO forum, I am going to go lightly here. I don't like the term "mind over matter". In my personal life, and with my personal beliefs & faith- I found it boiling down to one thing for me:

Believing lies from Satan. Whether or not your believe in God, Satan, or any other entities- I do. I realize the mainstream expalantion of psychology is that mental illness has no cure. You're right, at least not a cure that man can do. However, that being said- I know my God- the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob promises us in the Bible (the religious text I go by and base my life on) that we are healed, not maybe- not might be- but are. I have alot of problems with the fact that I spent THOUSANDS of dollars on years of therapy, and then talk to a friend of mine who points me back to my identity in Christ (The Christian Jesus Christ), that I am worth something- and his child, and I am delivered. It's really that simple... Therapy and meds were AT BEST a band-aid.

I went off my meds with the doctor's authorization,and tapered off safely. I am glad I am med free, heck I am free in general.

The lies I believed that triggered the borderline are:

1. I didn't deserve friends. This triggered the fear of abandonment

2. I was worthless

and Finally, that my worth was based on anything but my identity in Christ.

That being said, I am not discounting modern meds, as I believe that is one route God may choose to help someone. As far as the "chemical" changes, I agree... But isn't it a possibility that if it is "mind over matter" then the chemical changes (i.e embalances) can be caused by thoughts?

I refuse to believe I am just having a "good spell" or that I have learned how to "cope". I don't have to "cope" because I know what my God did, and I know where he brought me from. As far as a "clean" bill of health, that's a matter of taking the psychological testing again. MMPI and MMPI II (Minnesota Multi-Faceted Personality Inventory) and getting THAT documentation. I don't like being on SSDI, I miss working, and I miss standing on my own two feet. I don't accept the label of borderline because I know it isn't true.

I realize a lot of people disagree with me. A lot of people think I am just in remission or it is dormant, but they can't take it away from me, and nobody can waiver my faith.

p3 and the king

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok I wasn't trying to discredit you in any way... I was saying if you believe it, it's very true for you... But I was explaining that medically the "professionals" may not agree with you is all.  Calm down.  I wasn't saying you are wrong.  I wasn't saying anyone is.  If you didn't like my wording, I apologize.  But that is how most people word it because a lot of people do not believe in the same ways you do is all.

nebula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok I wasn't trying to discredit you in any way... I was saying if you believe it, it's very true for you... But I was explaining that medically the "professionals" may not agree with you is all.  Calm down.  I wasn't saying you are wrong.  I wasn't saying anyone is.  If you didn't like my wording, I apologize.  But that is how most people word it because a lot of people do not believe in the same ways you do is all.

Ohhh okay, I see. So sorry, I took your words out of context. Yes, I agree- Medical "professionals" won't see it that way. :(

zohdee

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the info.  I had no idea how the system works.  Sounds like it is just as hard getting off as it is getting on.

nebula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the info.  I had no idea how the system works.  Sounds like it is just as hard getting off as it is getting on.

Absolutely. They refuse to let you on it very easily, make it hard & then it's like once you're on it, almost impossible to get off. I don't want to break laws & work without the ticket to work. Oh well

steph7

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am on SSDI and live in an apartment complex who do not allow animals. I have 2 cats. My daughter is in property management in Texas.  She says to get some documentation from your physician or therapist stating that you would suffer undue emotional stress if you were forced to get rid of your animals. I am a Veteran and the VA actually had the form letter in their files, signed it and I delivered it to the housing authority.  I now have "permission" to keep my wonderful cats.  Hope this helps -

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome, Steph!

i'm glad things worked out for you. This thread is 2 years old. I hope the OP has had luck since then!

nebula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey!! OP here... We ended up rehoming bandit. Long story, after my wreck, we had to also re home Smokie... I don't come on much. Dealing with still missing Smokie is too hard to deal with. I am in school, finishing my degree.. oh and still borderline and bipolar free :)