We are moving out of State!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lauren_miller

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by RubSluts'Mommy

I live in Portland (Pearl District in NW, just north of downtown). Once you get settled in, let me know... You can easily get to downtown by the MAX trains... I hope your DH's job is on the same side as the apartment... commuting through downtown is a royal PitA. I did it for a while when I lived in NE and worked one of my jobs in Sherwood.

Have fun with the move! I did Chicago to PDX five years ago in a van with a mock cage for the cats... they were in harnesses and had leashes. Jack was the only one who ventured out on the leash...

Amanda
I will definitely let you know! We should be settled in by the 1st of June, hopefully! We are making one big trip up there with most of our stuff and then we have to come back to clean our old apartment and pick up a few other things. Our move-in date is going to be the 23rd. My DH's boss said that he would put him in a store closest to whatever apartment we lease so he shouldn't have a big commute.

I'm thinking that Pandora and Hurley will be fine on harnesses, they will most likely sleep the whole trip but the monster (Lilly) will definitely be crated. LOL

Originally Posted by Whisky'sDad

Where in Beaverton? I enjoyed living there! Public transportation is really good there.

I'm jealous!
SW Scholls Ferry Rd. Right off of Murray Hill.
I'm really excited and want to get the whole moving process over with.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lauren_miller

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
5 More days till moving day! We have boxes and stuff everywhere and the kitties are having a blast playing around in our disaster mess! Poor things have no idea that their lives are about to be uprooted!

We are packing the truck up on Saturday and getting up super early Sunday morning to drive up there. It's going to be a 12+ hour drive because my husband has decided to go from Reno to Sacramento to Wilsonville, OR. We are staying overnight at a pet friendly hotel in Wilsonville then continuing on to Beaverton the next morning to move into our new place. DH doesn't want to take the faster back roads with the moving truck because there is virtually no cell signal and he would rather take main roads in case something happens.

DH is driving the moving truck and trailering his jeep and I am following with the kitties in my car.

I just spent the whole afternoon calling around and making sure our new services get put into our name and our old services taken out and what not. The joys of moving! This will be the furthest away I've ever moved.