We are FINALLY making some progress with our stray kitten!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rissaroo1234

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
quote name="TabbyTom" url="/t/330448/we-are-finally-making-some-progress-with-our-stray-kitten#post_4153771"]Wanted to tell you this but you've already found out. Your kitten has the ability to jump and claw herself up those cardbox barricades. They also like to chew on tapes. The more she's restricted, the more determine she is. This was what and how I found out through my boy.
When he came home, he crawled into holes and so I plug them up but he has a way to get in so I fortified the room again and yes, I was proud like you too. But it did not last. He still manage to get through it.
Finally, I tight packed all the items making sure that there's no way he could get in. But I made provision for him to get up and use it as a platform for him to hang out. And those places that I can't plug, I leave it clear and clean so that he can go in up not into the tight packed items.
Once they have a bit of safe hiding space, they'll kind loose interest in the whole lot of stuffs. I just make sure there's nothing he can chew, though he'll still chew on the cardboard boxes, it's their favorite, but that's about it. Now, my boy dosen't go into the hiding place anymore, but that was months ago when he was younger. Once they go through the phase, they totally loose interest. They just want to be been there done that kind of things.
My boy has access to the whole house as he is given permission of free roaming the house which was after extensive catificatiion. And he just frequent a few places as other parts of the house is not interesting to him anymore.
So you have to try again and block up all holes so she can't aqueeze in but have a little hiding place for her.
Hope you succeed this time.[/quote]

I did give her lots of acceptable hiding places, but she still favors the one I don't want her to be in! >.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
[/quote]I did give her lots of acceptable hiding places, but she still favors the one I don't want her to be in! >.