=WC= Rupert-You need something?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

watchcaddy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you all for your kind comments. Rupert is a very handsome model. I will try to post more when Stewie and Rupert give me some good poses. I have noticed Rupert's face has changed a bit since the last post and I thought he has stopped growing.

Camera and photoshop:

I use a prosumer (a cross between professional and consumer camera) Canon digital SLR. The model number is 20D that has 8 megapixels and couple of different lenses. As far as post processing, I use Adobe Photoshop CS2. All I do is to bring out the contrast a little bit, sharpen if necessary and that scale down to fit forum size requirement. That is about it. Any questions feel free to PM or add to the thread.

Renovia,
May the force be with you!!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by watchcaddy

I use a prosumer (a cross between professional and consumer camera) Canon digital SLR. The model number is 20D that has 8 megapixels and couple of different lenses. As far as post processing, I use Adobe Photoshop CS2. All I do is to bring out the contrast a little bit, sharpen if necessary and that scale down to fit forum size requirement. That is about it. Any questions feel free to PM or add to the thread.
We'll be buying an SLR in the next couple of months, and were looking at the 30D - is the 20D one model up? I didn't see it on the B&H Photo website...

watchcaddy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

We'll be buying an SLR in the next couple of months, and were looking at the 30D - is the 20D one model up? I didn't see it on the B&H Photo website...
No, 20D is the previous before 30D. The darn 30D came out just couple of months after I bought mine, @#$!@
. I would recommend 30D, it is great. If you have the means, get the world fastest camera from Canon which is just released, $3,999.

Money saving tip-Canon usually offer great discounts every season, check their site or search for this season of Canon discount on Google.

B&H is great, all my gears are bought from B&H. Have fun shopping. Don't forget to get a nifty-fifty (50mm lens). Most of my shots are taken with that lens, great for low light shots (indoors, night) as it has f-stop of 1.4. Welcome to the Canon family.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by watchcaddy

No, 20D is the previous before 30D. The darn 30D came out just couple of months after I bought mine, @#$!@
. I would recommend 30D, it is great. If you have the means, get the world fastest camera from Canon which is just released, $3,999.

Money saving tip-Canon usually offer great discounts every season, check their site or search for this season of Canon discount on Google.

B&H is great, all my gears are bought from B&H. Have fun shopping. Don't forget to get a nifty-fifty (50mm lens). Most of my shots are taken with that lens, great for low light shots (indoors, night) as it has f-stop of 1.4. Welcome to the Canon family.
Wow, your photos are awesome, I think the 30D might be a winner. I was thinking of the Nikon but a few friends have Canons as well, and have good lenses, so I think I'll go with the Canon.

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great pictures of your handsome Rupert! I'm jealous both of your cat AND your camera

watchcaddy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Wow, your photos are awesome, I think the 30D might be a winner. I was thinking of the Nikon but a few friends have Canons as well, and have good lenses, so I think I'll go with the Canon.
Canon and Nikon are great. If you friends that use Canon DSLRs get a Canon because you can always borrow their lens.

Originally Posted by BabyWukong

Great pictures of your handsome Rupert! I'm jealous both of your cat AND your camera
Thank you. I am sure Rupert will be happy to hear that. You can get a nice entry level Canon DSLR for $600+ and it is actually good and the lens is what matters the most.