Ways to stop snoring

joanne511

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish you luck - we haven't found a solution for my DH's snoring either. I've taken to wearing earplugs and just turn up my alarm loud enough so I can hear it. Sometimes I can still hear him through my earplugs!

My mom has sleep apnea and now uses the machine at night. It's helped a lot, not only with the snoring but giving her a real night's sleep!

rone

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catlover19

Does anyone know of any ways to make snoring stop or at least not be so loud? He is willing to try pretty much anything because it is driving me so crazy.
Originally Posted by XxtashaxX

my DH is the same and his dad , they will stop breathing for serval seconds then all of a suddon he will let out this huge snore that even wakes him up
XxtashaxX- This is definitely sleep apnea.

catlover19- he may suffered from sleep apnea. Have him go to a hospital and test for sleep apnea (he will need to stay overnight). If it's indeed sleep apnea, his physician will prescribe CPAP. It's a machine pumps air through a hose to a face mask or nasal pillow he will be wearing while he sleeps. The face masks/nasal pillows come in different sizes and there are a variety to choose from.

DH snores all his life, a couple of years ago it got worse. I was wearing ear plugs and I can still hear him. Finally I made an appointment for him to get tested for sleep apnea. I resesarch as much as possible online & tell him how dangerous it may be. He went for the test and next day he told me he couldn't remember the last time he slept this good. Since he's getting a good night sleep, waking up early in the morning is no longer a struggle for him.