Ways to get money fast? Need advice badly.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you thought about giving plasma? Around here its like $200 a month to give
I'm looking into it!

Any odd jobs? Like doing yard work/cleaning for others?

I hope it works out for you, many hugs!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is horrible! I am sorry you are having such a difficult time right now!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another question... since my current insurance company and the insurance company for the other driver are one in the same, can I still challenge it and ask them to use the uninsured motorist coverage for the other driver?

Secondly, my mom is freaking out on me. Her name was also on the registration for the vehicle that was in the wreck. The car is paid off and out of commission. She's worried they'll take out a lean on her house if I can't pay up the way they want or file bankruptcy. Since it was registered in her name, and technically whomever its registered to should ensure the car has coverage, she's afraid they'd do this. I'm pretty sure there is no legal way to do this, but maybe I'm wrong? She saw it on some court show on TV. She has entirely too much time on her hands.

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry for bumping my own thread... but surely someone knows something about those two questions?

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you have any item that you can sell on ebay. It won't be a lot of money, but at least it would be a start.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As far as the car being your mothers, it is probably in the law somewhere because she gave you permission to drive it and the car and insurance is her reponsibility but it will vary state to state

Most lawyers give the first consultation free to call around

There is a list of lawyers who do low cost / pro bono (which I doubt this case would qualify for but you can try) here
http://www.abanet.org/legalservices/...p/pb.cfm?id=IN

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

As far as the car being your mothers, it is probably in the law somewhere because she gave you permission to drive it and the car and insurance is her reponsibility but it will vary state to state

Most lawyers give the first consultation free to call around

There is a list of lawyers who do low cost / pro bono (which I doubt this case would qualify for but you can try) here
http://www.abanet.org/legalservices/...p/pb.cfm?id=IN
Yeah, we're going to talk to somebody very soon. The car was mine and I paid for it, but both our names were on the registration with the state (but only my name is on the title, which is a different thing). I don't know why we did that.