Water?

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have always served tap water, with no ill effects. We don't do anything special for ourselves, either. Actually, our water here tastes fine.

Not long ago, though, I read somewhere (can't remember where at the moment) that tap water should be allowed to sit for several hours, to allow the chemicals and whatnot to escape, since they are irritating to a kitty's sensitive nose. Made sense. Also, explained why it happened so often that I'd put fresh water down for them, and they'd look and sniff and then look at me as much as to say, "Well, what did you do THAT for???"

So, now I leave the water to stand in a large jug, and pour from that for them. They seem quite happy with the arrangement.

They do take a sip now and then from the faucet or the toilet (if somebody leaves the lid up
) I've even caught Fawn drinking from the basin of soapy water, when I'm washing my face.
Go figure! (She likes to supervise.)

kateang

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my two kids get tap water.. our tap water is pretty safe to drink right from the tap...on hotter days..they get iced water....

uabassoon

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
They used to get tap water but now they are getting filtered water in their kitty fountain that also has a filter and cools the water.

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a well also, so mine get tap water, but they HAVE to have it out of the water/ice in the fridge door. If you run it out of the tap they look at you like you're trying to poision them.....its the same water ..........yeah, they're spoiled !