Water - What water do you give your kitties, and why?

audiocat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Tap water. I used to give them bottled, but one time I ran out and used the tap water and they seemed to like it much better.

Plus we have 3 large water bowls out in various parts of the house. They get fresh water in these bowls twice a day - so it's become too expensive to give them bottled water now. Thankfully they like it out of the tap. I drink it myself - it doesn't taste too bad most of the time.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I started giving them bottled water (and drinking it myself) when we had a scare where we had to boil our water before we could use it because of contamination. It turned out to be just a couple isolated houses that had the problem, but I've kept using the bottled. I want to get one of those filters you attach to the tap, but I haven't done it yet. I don't like the taste of the tap water, so I don't want to give it to the kitties either.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
tap. i drink tap, so do they. i do [occasionally] add lysine to the drinkwell [Pixel's favorite fountain] but haven't recently - mainly because she's doing ok w/o it right now. her kibble has lysine, so i think that's why she's been ok w/o it in her water.