Water fountains

annabell

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have tried a couple of fountains but they both threw water out of the water basin onto the floor faster than I could fill them.  Nothing scares Smokie, and she loves it when I let the water run in the bathtub so she can play in it.  I'm afraid something with a reflective surface wouldn't scare her, but as she can spend 10 or 15 minutes at a time in front, pawing  at 'that other cat back of that glass' she would do the same thing with the fountains.  I wouldn't mind the water if she was doing it in play, but not all the time when she wasn't around! 

meuzettesmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Quote:

Originally Posted by kitty2cat

3 of my cats took to the fountain right a way. One didn't. We bought this wheat grass packet made to grow in the fountain and that caught his attention right away. Unfortunately he became obsessed with the fountain and started moving all his toys to the basin. This clogged the fountain and made the water gross. The other cats were not happy that their favorite water source became so disgusting and even less happy that their toys were always soggy.

No matter how many times we moved his toys, he continued to relocate them to the fountain. After about a month, we gave up on the fountain.

Moral of the story: Wheat grass might work & be careful what you wish for.

Hilarious!

Mazy has decided that since I want her to drink from the fountain she is going to ignore it, and ignore me any time I try to get her to show interest in it.

I know how to manipulate her though. I am going to pick it up for a few days, then put it back down and this time ignore it myself and let her come to it in her own time.

She's still batting at her still-water bowl, trying to make it move like the fountain water does.
I too have a water playing cat. I can't have a water fountain He will never leave it alone and I will have water everywhere.