Water fountain?

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

I do think it's important that no matter which model you get, you clean it thoroughly at least once per week. I clean ours every Saturday and even with bottled water you wouldn't believe the "slime" that covers the filter.
i call is 'sludge'! fur gets into them some, too, & will block the pump.
i found the CatIt more difficult to clean than the PetMate - that was my main dissatisfaction with it. the cats liked it just fine.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They play with them and get them gross and dirty more right at first too.

Somehow the first night I had it on, Zissou got a bunch of feathers, cat litter, and dry food in there. It looked like she had played in it all night.

kattyt

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I got my cats a Drinkwell at first and then later have been using a Petmate...both are fine.
I had to get it because Zilla loves drinking from fresh or running water too. I had to get one becuase he used to actually push or move the water around spilling it. I even had one with a container (heavier) and even put those non-skid things underneath to keep him from moving it to no avail. This has solved the issue. Now - he doesn't stop trying to ge the "fresh" water from the sink, bathtub and all but he loves it.