water fountain problems

josh beck

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm not sure if the nutrition forum is the one for water issues but I've tried 2 of the same model fountain. The first one stopped working a couple hours after I got it and I exchanged it and the new one lasted about 2 weeks but then when I refilled it it stopped working. I may have overfilled that one. It's a shame too cause I just got a pack of filters for it but I'm hesitant to try a 3rd one of that same one. Somebody said they have decorative fountains they can give me that might work. Do you think those would be cat safe? I asked if they have filters and they said no. It's not a drinking fountain just a decoration one.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
What kind of cat fountain did you get that stopped working after 2 weeks?  Did you read the troubleshooting tips?  Isn't it warranteed at least for 90 days?  It sounds like it's just not hooked up right.  Did you take it apart to clean it?  As far as the decorative fountain, it's hard to say...I'm guessing it depends on what it's made of, and how easily a cat could access the water.

Last edited: