water breaking???need help

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pregogirl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well I just went and felt Dora's belly and it seems like it is getting hard but I am not sure. I have thought that a few times so who knows. The way I see it one of these times I will be right...lol.

dragonstar

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
lol..Tiara's belly is always hard. I wonder what it will feel like when she has contractions...Well going to go lay with her for awhile..I'm talk to you later... ~cross fingers we will both have kitties soon~

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww hurry up Dora and Tiara you are both making me crazy, constantly checking these threads

dshakw

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just registered this forum to reply to this thread just in case someone like me would think water breaking, dripping watery liquids, etc, are normal and acceptable without the birth process beginning in hours. My cat just lost her kittens :( She had watery discharge and other things very similar to this, and I thought it was OK and waited for the due and process happening natural way. The contractions never happened because kittens didn't make it to the birth canal. Liquid discharge or water break could be part of the process too, but after it happens, don't wait to take your cat to the vet. Just wait a couple of hours or maximum a day but after that take your cat straight to the vet. I can't sleep of this guilt of not taking her earlier, and if I could, would I be able to save her kittens. She had c section and lost all her litter :(

Please don't think like you will stress her out taking to the vet. It was a huge mistake of mine. You can say yourself you are not a pro, and even if something happens just out of vet stress, you can think you did the best because you were clueless and an expert should decide.

dshakw

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This thread is from 2005.
Does it matter? When you Google symptoms this threads comes up. And this was a successful delivery after a week of water break. There are more like this but this made me wait and observe (so many other other similiarities too). I should have known better and just wanted to write a warning that water break or liquid discharge are serious and results vary. A vet visit is a must after maximum a day of this symptoms.