Washington DC wants to make TNR illegal

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just got this in my email from Alley Cat Allies. 

The District Department of Energy and Environment published a draft of their 2015 “Wildlife Action Plan”, calling for D.C. to “revisit” its Trap-Neuter-Return policy. D.C. established its lifesaving TNR ordinance years ago, but this plan calls for community cats to be taken into shelters—where they will likely be killed—in a misguided attempt to protect wildlife.

These cats don't need more persecution. ACA has a link on their site where you can tell legislators that you do not support this. the deadline is 9/7/15. We all love our cats. The only difference between the cats we love and these poor ferals is that they don't have a home and family and ours do. This plan is cruel and unnecessary. 

Here's the link if anyone is interested. I don't live in DC but I signed it anyway. These cats really need our help. 

https://secure3.convio.net/alley/site/Advocacy?cmd=display&page=UserAction&id=467

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am glad I got an email from ACA about this or I wouldn't have known. This is outrageous and so very cruel. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hope it does too. I hate to think about how many innocent cats will be killed if this plan goes through

happybird

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the heads-up! This is my neck of the woods and I haven't heard a thing about it. Petition signed, and if further action in the form of demonstration is needed, I will definitely go downtown to participate.