Washing cats bowl in dishwasher?

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Racn1320

thx im going to get them today,I guess either or work for both food and water? Guess they are the same bowls at petco?
Well, let's not get carried away.
If you are using plastic bowls for water, then yes, change them to SS. The water fountains are usually plastic so I'm not sure how that fits in. I do know our kits drink more with the fountain so there's a benefit there but I don't know how the fountains would affect acne. I suppose if one's kitty were prone to acne, it would be a matter of taking away the fountain for a while to see if it helped.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by xocats

You don't have to get bowls specifically made for pets..
even a Target or Wal Mart has small stainless steel bowls I think.
Food and water bowls are interchangeable.
They need to be wide enough so that it is is easy for a cat's whiskers to fit, without touching the sides, when they eat or drink .

Yosemite in an earlier post mentioned that she got her stainless bowls at a dollar store.

Let us know what you get.
I've never found any at Walmart or Target or Kmart. I got mine from Pet Supermarket, and they weren't very expensive.

racn1320

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Bought 2 bowls at petco 14.99 nice size. She likes them so far,prolly cuz it holds more food,lol. As for water that works ok to,as in from the faucet,she wont touch spring water lol.