Was My My Kitten Protecting Me?

clg817

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have an 11 month old kitten who is feisty but cuddly and fun! This morning as I was getting ready for work I slammed MY finger in the closet door while my cat was in another room. I yelled really loud and said some words that I won’t repeat here. My cat came running in toward me and started hissing and meowing very loud and aggressively. I had to suck it up and sit down and tell her it would be ok while she hesitantly came to sniff my hand that I put out, this took several minutes and a very calm caring voice. The cat was not hurt, I was, but why did she react as if I hurt her? My theory is that she was in “protector mode” and wanted to scare a predator off, but was confused to find me alone in the hallway with the evil closet door behind me. Thoughts on this are appreciated! She was adopted on August 1st and was feral before that without any fostering because she was a very ill kitten. She is very comfortable with me and almost never hisses unless I accidentally trip on her or startle her.

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've got a few cats and turns out they just prefer to not have any drama. Pretty much prepared to tell anything going on that's out of sorts to cram it and screw off.
When two of the cats are arguing, another cat will always come to the edge of the circle and yell at them to stop because they're being annoying, and they just made it their business.
It's mainly about keeping the peace, not coming to aide.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have an 11 month old kitten who is feisty but cuddly and fun! This morning as I was getting ready for work I slammed MY finger in the closet door while my cat was in another room. I yelled really loud and said some words that I won’t repeat here. My cat came running in toward me and started hissing and meowing very loud and aggressively. I had to suck it up and sit down and tell her it would be ok while she hesitantly came to sniff my hand that I put out, this took several minutes and a very calm caring voice. ...
Not to be outdone by a human, many kittens and cats can swear like a sailor too.
:)