Was My Cat A Grey Or Blue Point Balinese Or Birman?

orbitalpunk

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello,

So my sweet girl passed a way 3 months ago and I was hoping to find another breed just like her. I had her for 23 years and my mom had purchased her when I was younger so I never knew exactly what breed she was. I was hoping if anyone could help identify what breed she is so that I can look for another, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks so much.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

orbitalpunk

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am not sure why my photos were not showing. Here they are again

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I’m so sorry for your loss. When you’re ready, please consider posting a memorial to her in our Crossing the Bridge forum. TCS is a very supportive community, so we would be more than happy to help you through these tough times. :hugs:

She was absolutely gorgeous. I think she looks more like a blue point Birman than a Balinese. Balinese are longhaired Siamese, so they have a more slender body. They also aren’t as fluffy.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I agree, this is a Birma, or at least, a very good look alike. This breed isnt that old, they are constructed, not at all the ancient temple breed as the saga tells. If she was purebred, she must be one of the early generations.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

orbitalpunk

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you both so much for helping me identify her. A vet once told me she was Balinese and when I would look for Balinese they just never seemed to quite match feeling like it was an impossible find. This has restored my hope. Thank you.

Jojo&Tutu

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Looks a bit chocolate point - was she more light gray or light brown? Light gray would be lilac point, light brown chocolate point
Really lovely so sorry for your loss