Was it love at first sight?

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Meowers

We I picked out Holly, there was no sparks at first.
After Salem had her kittens, I thought that Ricochet was gonna be my fav. But Jinx is the one who really stole my heart!

That's not to say that I don't love Ricochet & the others. But there's just that "special" bond with Jinxy. She is such a sweety!

generic war

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't think you're crazy

When mechas litter were born my parents neighbours decided they wanted to keep the "tiger stripped one" (that'd be mecha) and a few days before we decided we were definatelly taking one of the kittens they decided they didnt want to keep her anymore.
Also my partner was adamant that he wanted one of the black and white ones and when he walked in didn't even look at them lol
he only had eyes for Mecha (she was the only none black and white kitten in the litter)

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Trent chose us in the pet store. Yes, I know they are bad now, but I didn't then. And besides, I'm really glad we went there that night. He did everything he could to get our attention out of the other cute kittens, and it worked.
Same here for Trout

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my kitties seem to come to be by default. i either end up taking the wrong one home (but they stay
) or in the case of thomas, i found him when he'd been hit by a car. rushed him to the vet and then went back in the afternoon to check his progress. i asked what would happen and they said as he was so obviously a stray he would go to the local rescue. or, did i want him.

i was in temporary accomodation. no pets allowed but had won over the warden to have my 3 kitties there. so, i said yes! sadly i only had him for 9 months as he ended his life as i'd found him, in a car accident.

when i went to the rescue centre a few weeks later i was shown an array of cats who had been found on the streets. they were all gorgeous and then we reached the cage at the far end. this crumpled looking ginger cat was curled up in his bed and was displaying none of the confidence of the others.

it was most definitely love at first sight. we shared 5 years together and i wouldn't change anything about it apart from the end.

miss you janet.

purrrplej

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Althekitty

...I know some people could think I am mad but I do honestly swear that there is more to our meeting than coincidence. Does anyone else feel that way?
I definitely feel like fate brought me together with both my kitties. When I met Simba, I had gone to a pet store to look for a bird, but they didn't have any that I liked. But I saw this tiny kitten in a big cage, looking so sad and lonely all by himself, and I felt like I just had to take him home with me, even though I had never really liked cats. He made me into a cat lover.

With Murray, he picked me rather than the other way around. He was a stray who hung around my apartment complex. He stood out to me because he was such a beautiful Siamese. I said hello to him and the other strays. He must have realized that I was a cat person, so he decided to just run inside with me one night when I opened my apartment door, and he went right to the refrigerator. I fed him some lunch meat, and he ate an entire pack. (Simba wasn't living with me anymore, so I had no cat food in the apt.) I left the door open so he could leave, but he decided to stay inside, settling in to watch TV with me, and when bedtime came I just closed the door and let him stay. So I think there was a magical connection when we first saw each other and I captivated his attention with that "hello." I think it was definitely meant to be.

So, yeah, I can totally relate to thinking that it's more than just chance that can bring people and their kitties together.

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have had that experience more than a few times; I'll just give a couple though; and no, I don't think it's ever 'coincidence' that we meet certain special pets...

Jade, my RB kitty was one of the first kitties my hubby and I adopted; we had finally come to an agreement to get a kitty, so we went to the shelter. There were many kitties there, but only one really caught my eye, and that was Jade. His name was Jasper at the shelter. Well as I walked by the kennels he kept poking his paws out at me; he had these gorgeous blue eyes, and long lean body with semi long hair. His look was one that I just couldn't turn away from. I took him out and he gave me a huge kitty hug, and if I hadn't been sold on him before, I was then, because not many kitties give actual hugs, especially ones that I have just met. Of course, he was with me for only a short time, but I wouldn't have traded that time for anything; he was our greeter, and my ever constant kitty companion...who afforded only me certain sides of himself. When I was gone for more than the normal 'work day' he actually would sit at the top of the stairs and yowl...which drove my hubby nuts, but even he felt sorry for him, cause he never thought a cat would miss a person so much.

My current love at first sight kitty is Latifah...now, when she and her brothers were born, we had no intentions of keeping any of them, but something drew me immediately to the tiniest of the litter; Latifah. She was the sassiest one in the bunch, and had all the 'firsts' as the kitties grew up; eyes opened first, first one out of the nest, first one to start using the litter pan, first one to start purring when you petted her, and the first one to start arching her back into your hand when you scritched her topline...Hubby and I really melted when she developed the saddest most innocent little face...and so she stayed.