Was I wrong here?

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got to work a little late this morning because my ride was late, and my cab was still not on the lot. I waited 15 minutes, the night driver had still not brought it in, so I came home and am taking the day off. Our shifts start at 6 am, and I did not leave until almost 7. The dispatcher told me I should have called and let them know I was coming in. In all the time I have been working there, unless it is my day off or I have been in the hospital, I have been there, ready to roll off the lot at 6. I can count on 1 hand the times I have been late. The only times I have called is when I was up early to see if my car was available early. DH had the same night driver, and he never gave him any problems, but feels like he can jerk me around any time he feels like it. I felt like I had to prove my point that I will not be treated differently because I am female. It is going to be hot and slow today, so it is a good day to do it. I really hate taking the day off, though.
Was I wrong to do this? I feel kind of bad about it, but most drivers don't even let anyone know when they are not working, they just don't show up, sometimes for days at the time.

junior_j

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I would be pretty ticked off if I were you , can u not lodge a complaint anywhere?? well done for standing up for yourself! x

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would have done the same thing. It's not right to just leave you waiting and then they tell you that you should have called, even though you are always there when you are supposed to be!

It kind of reminded me when I was doing an adoption day event for the SPCA here ... it was to start at 11am. I waited at the location until 11:45am and called the director repeatedly with no answer. I even asked the location manager if they were supposed to be there that day and they had no idea about it. I left, the director called me back and I told her no one ever showed up with animals, the set up, etc. She just said "oh sorry to waste your time dont know what happened"

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I called my boss, his daughter owns my cab, and spoke to him about it. He said if it happens again, this guy will never drive that car again. (It is a really nice car, an Impala LS, and he is very picky about who drives it because it is putting his daughter through college.) The driver was mad because he has to bring it in early on Saturday mornings because I have to pick up a lady 30 miles away and bring her to town for kidney dialysis by 6am. I even brought it to him a little early yesterday afternoon to try to help him out because of losing a little work time in the morning. No more being nice to that idiot.
I think my boss will take care of it. I am his only dependable driver now that dh has gone back to tattooing.

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's a good result, you did exactly the right thing, I hope the guy does get a ticking off.x