Was I out of line?

mai_kitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sorry to bring up the asking for ID thing again but this is one of my biggest pet peeves.

I hate it when the person at the checkout asks to see my ID when I have a few things that I am just grabbing maybe for dinner. Really? I am going to use a stolen debit card to pay for a can of black beans and a head of lettuce. My signature is even on the back of the card! Am I really going to get good at forging the signature on the back of the stolen debit card for a pound of lunch meat and bread.

I totally get if I am on a shopping spree and I have some bigger ticket items in my cart but seriously for what is obviously an errand run.

I used to work at a bank as well as retail and I can tell you that if your debit or credit card is stolen it will be used within 1 hour of it being taken at high ticket stores to purchase expensive items that the crooks can turn around and sell. The crooks are not going to run up to Walmart and grab a gallon of milk and some toilet paper, they know that they have a very limited amount of time to use that card and then dump it. For example a friend of mine had her wallet stolen while shopping at Walmart, by the time she got up to the counter to pay for her groceries and she noticed that the wallet was gone the thief had already been to Best Buy and purchased a $1,000 worth of merchandise. Guess those folks only check the ID of someone purchasing a CD

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cashier was SOOOO WAYY OUT OF LINE! I would have been a total B word to her if she acted like that to me! I wait on people nonstop all day listening to ridiculous crap and still keep a smile on my face and try and make those ppl happy!! Ive worked in restaurants for nine yrs!! And throw in extra jobs at retail places!! Some ppl just suck I would have spazed on that cashier and then told her I will be speaking to her manager about her and how much of a B she was being!! People like that drive me nuts its not like she is getting paid to stand around and talk about her life she is getting paid to do her job and do it well!!! Argh people bite sometimes!

cdubbie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I had to laugh at this post really because the majority of businesses have people like that working for them. Service is so bad in general that when I actually get good service it confuses me

A few businesses are known for exemplary service around here; I try to frequent those places as long as I can afford it.

As far as the other places go...I'm so grateful they are doing me a favor by taking my business