Warning to those who have outdoor cats and dog s that go on walks ...

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I learned something tonight when walking my Gigi ... Tis the season for lawn chemicals to be on lawns ... Gigi was rolling on the grass of a neighbors lawn as she does quite often ... The lady who lives there came out and said they had fetilized earlier in the day ( turned out to be weed and feed )... Gigi got a er bath ... and * hopes and prays * is fine ... My reason to write this is those whose cats may wander or for fellow dog walkers be wary ... The owners did the lawn themselves thus no signs...

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my that's really scary! I never thought about people doing it themselves and not puttting a flag or sign out. I'll be sure to watch that!

kalikat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Something to be aware of, although I live down under & seasons are reversed. We are in the worst drought since records began, I have had ants in the kitchen & bathroom where I feed Blossom, for the past 6 months & for that reason I've been unable to use pesticides to get rid of them. We had a little rain last week so they were especially bad, they're driving me crazy.

laurie314

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have four indoor cats so I don't have to worry about outdoor pesticides in grass....but I also have two dogs... I do not walk them, we have about half an acre and they can run the whole back yard. I do not use anything on my grass. I wish it would all just go away so i would not have to cut it!
I do have little red ants though in my house. We live in a ranch-style home with no basement. I will not put ant traps out or anything the animals could get into. When I see alot in one place, I use window cleaner and wipe it up. I try very hard to keep the floors clean so they do not get crumbs to eat.I hate the ants but I love my animals more, so we just deal with it. What we do for our animals! Huh!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thankyou for that reminder! It's definitely the time of year where people are doing their yards and spraying so extra caution is always good