WARNING to hubbies or b/fs who give awful gifts

jscole

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Taurus77

That's funny! A friend was telling me about this commercial just today. I might be one of the few, I would love a really nice vacuum. I'm not opposed to a Dyson for Christmas??
if it's something you ask for, like actually say that you want it for xmas, then it's ok, even exciting to get... but when they pro-actively go out and buy you something like a vacuum, or a blender (<-- that happened to me!
) just assuming that's what you would like, that's definately punishable by a stint in the doghouse!

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My ex pulled something like that once but it only happened once. I talked a guy at work out of buying a vacumn for his wife for Christmas several years ago. It was that or a leather jacket, I talked him into the jacket. He couldn't understand because he liked getting tools for Christmas. Some guys just don't get it on their own, they need to be nudged in the right direction.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jscole

if it's something you ask for, like actually say that you want it for xmas, then it's ok, even exciting to get... but when they pro-actively go out and buy you something like a vacuum, or a blender (<-- that happened to me!
) just assuming that's what you would like, that's definately punishable by a stint in the doghouse!
I would appreciate a new blender or vacuum - there are far worse things he could buy

chadsgirl374

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My birthday is January 10 and I got a Miracle Thaw for my birthday.
Ever heard of one of these things? Well, it's a piece of metal that you are supposed to sit your frozen food item (mainly meat) and it was supposed to miraculously unthaw it for you. Well mine didn't work. I wonder if it had anything to do with the fact that he got it on clearance from Walgreens earlier that day.
14 years together and he never once remembered my birthday without me telling him "it's my birthday". Christmas gifts usually consisted of similar items or sometimes he even bought me tools that he wanted himself. I divorced him in 2001.