Warning, don't look! GROSS!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

chichismom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

i hvae a small black one on the other side of the computer room,
i told him or her, that they where allowed to stay there , just so long as it stayed on its side of the room
My philosophy exactly
we're fine, just as long as you don't get close to me! I'd seriously think I'd faint if a huge one was on me

I have to go out and move some plants today, I'm sure I'll run into some more
I had the pleasure of finding a baby praying mantis the last time I moved stuff around out there

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just can't stand it when people wreck webs and kill spiders when they are OUTSIDE, where they BELONG. My mother does this. It drives me nuts.

I love spiders. I catch them when they are in the house and let them go outside. Webs are amazing things. I love to watch them spin one. One time there was a huge web and a big yellow spider right on my cars passenger side window.

I used to have tarantulas and they are amazing. What is really neat is how fragile they are. The break so easily so you have to be very careful how you set them down.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

chichismom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok- the only time I have ever seen a huge ( i mean HUGE!!!) yellow spider, it was on a car!? I assumed it was a garden spider by the size& shape of its body, but why did it choose a car to live on? I did relocate him to a nice bushy area because it was'nt my car he was on, and I did'nt want him to get killed. I wish I could have gotten a pic of him!

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jen;1846341 said:
I just can't stand it when people wreck webs and kill spiders when they are OUTSIDE, where they BELONG. My mother does this. It drives me nuts.
QUOTE]

Women in my office yell for me when they see a spider. I relocate them outside. I know if one of the guys gets there first, they will just kill it.

Where would we be without spiders? They eat so many "pesty" insects. Plus, they are just amazing. I loved Charlotte's Web as a child. Think that is where I formed my appreciation

princess-pickle

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
AWWWWW! He is just MEGA cute, how could you thinks he's gross? He probably thinks you want to be his friend!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TigerOnTheProwl

I'm glad I'm not the only one on this forum who likes spiders. But for me it's all about the big ones. If you want an adventure, have a tarantula crawl on you. The first time can be kind of freaky.
Tickles - doesn't it?

wildflower79

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by bnwalker2

There was one of those in our bedroom a couple weeks ago... scary! It took me almost an hour to get close enough to get rid of it.
Oh jeez I hate spiders and if I found that thing in room I would be freaking out!

Living in Texas I have seen tarantulas and I will not go anywhere near them, let alone have it crawl on me!

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by adymarie

Tickles - doesn't it?
Yeah it does. It's so weird. The first time I had one crawl on me was when I was in grade 2. Before that I was terrified of spiders but after I started to study them. The weirdest sensation I've ever felt is from having a Goliath Bird-Eating spider crawl on my back. They get to be about 12" in diameter. But they are also one of the tamest tarantulas in the world. They make really good pets.