WARNING: cats don't need grass

seesee123

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
reading all your replies, i dont know if i should give wheat grass (yes, its wheat grass) to my cats anymore.Theyve been eating grass for quite a while and i dont notice anything strange with their behavior. But my other cat - Uno, his belly is a bit big and flabby. his behavior is fine but COULD HE BE ALERGIC???
SHOULD I KEEP ON FEEDING GRASS?

shengmei

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ounce by ounce, dried catnip (especially in bulk tea leaves form at a health food store) is actually much cheaper than pet grass.

I just give them catnip nowadays. It makes them happy and satisfy their green crunch.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Seesee, maybe you could switch to oat, barley, or rye grass rather than wheat grass just to put your mind at ease? However I don't think a "spay sway" (the flabby belly you're talking about) has anything to do with allergy to grass.

catssss

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
WHY YOUR CATS NEED GRASS!!! 

If cats didn't need grass they wouldn't eat it. There try to expel bad food.

you should check the cat food you have been feeding. I have found even the so called good cat food is NO good. read and research the ingredients. what and why are in your pet food.  some are just fillers some are cost wise.

if they eating grass its to get something out of there system that don't belong there. I found that out the hard way.

do you know what carrageenan is? why is it in your pet food. DONT FEED IT TO YOUR CAT. I will tell you its a red seaweed. it causes gastric inflammation. in pets and humans.

another one pyrophosphate . that's a synthetic  rust remover . Why would that be in your pet food or even human food. because it makes you eat more!!

read the ingredients and learn.

All I can say , is do the research.