Warm weather pictures

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I think Dave/Doris is pretty cool! I don't care for snakes either, Karen, but this little guy is neat.

I think I've mentioned this before, a GF in Chicago has a huge iguana, Lizzy, in a cage in one of the rooms in her apartment. She got her from a pet store when Lizzy was 7 inches long maybe. Lizzy is huge. And she is gorgeous with her iridescent colors. She was spayed because she was losing too much calcium when she would lay her eggs. Her cage and the room are temperature/humidity controlled. She is beautiful, just beautiful. I think, from nose to tail, she's a little over 5 feet now. When I was visiting and we went into see Lizzy, she started to bob her head up and down....that's her sign to stay away. And I did! 
 But she's really a beautiful creature. And during the summer, they take her outside for walks. Lizzy gets a lot of attention when she's outside.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
What sweet pictures you have all posted, except for [@=https://thecatsite.com/members/47177"href" href="https://thecatsite.com/members/10485" style="display:inline-block;">@AbbysMom
, you are now, officially, a woosie :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
Dave is a darling!  I don't think it's going to help .. in fact it may make things worse, but here he is on Ganesha.

@Winchester
, he waves by picking up his front foot and waving it at me, literally.  It's something they do as a sign of submission: "please don't hurt me, I'm just trying to find some good bugs".  He's gone from staying perfectly still (the fear default position) to waving, so I think our relationship is developing :D   Mind you, I don't know whether Dave is actually Doris - and there are a few of them in the garden.

There's a few of them? :eek: I'm just not a fan of reptiles. :lol3:

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

SW, that's a great picture of your daughter. She looks like a little scamp. Are artichokes difficult to grow?
Thanks Winchester! Artichokes are super-easy to grow (in this climate) they are perennials here. We eat as many as we can, and at the end of the season we don't eat them as much and the ones that are left usually bloom. They always come back, they are great. 

I'm enjoying the non-rain pictures! 

Last edited: