War of the Worlds

carolcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope and I don't plan to waste money seeing it at a theater! I MIGHT rent the DVD but I am tired of Mr. "Romeo's" wife swapping so I am very disinclined to see ANYTHING he is in. :-(

kellyyfaber

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katspixiedust

I really enjoyed it. Obviously this isn't the kind of remake you're meant to put a lot of thought into. A movie like this one is meant to be a mindless couple of hours spent at the theater. Sometimes it's nice to go to the theater and not have to think about anything, to just sit and take it for what it is and simply relax. I thought that it was a great action movie and not meant to be deep or (obviously) to be exactly like the original. I've never been a fan of looking too hard into movies, as IMO, they're meant as a temporary escape for the mind where even the highly impossible can happen and plot holes (which quite a few movies have) are to be overlooked (for the most part). So all-in-all, I enjoyed my couple of hours spent watching it.
Well said, Kat! When you go to see an action movie, you're gonna get action, not a dazzling plot line or thought provoking drama, etc.... It sounds like everyone got what they paid for, an action movie.

eburgess

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As for the home video market... I don't see this movie making the job to video very well. It's just one of those movies that works better on the big screen

mom of franz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
NYC The Town so Nice, They Named it Twice!
Originally Posted by Talon

My Mr. Cruise's latest antics - I have no desire to see it.
A excellent idea. A friend of mine heard the Spielberg told him to shut his yap about his antidepressant stand, because it was cosing the film $$$$$. Makes sense since when he was on The View not a word was uttered about his idiotic views. I mean since when are the women on the view coy?

sunshne880

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Everyone likes different things.. to me, it wasn't very good. I was kinda shocked. I thought it would have been much better.

sadisticookie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I agree with what you said, katspixiedust.

It's safe to say that most movies released these days won't make it onto the "bestest movie in the whole wide world" list. But for what it is, War of the Worlds was awesome entertainment if one chooses to just let go of the ever popular critiquing. I mean, come on. The movie plot in general (in both the original and the remake) is far fetched to begin with. I had a blast seeing the movie TWICE during the opening holiday weekend with my family and just remembering the look on my mom's face as she sat crouched in her seat mumbling "oh no, oh sh*t" was worth every penny we payed.

Originally Posted by katspixiedust

I really enjoyed it. Obviously this isn't the kind of remake you're meant to put a lot of thought into. A movie like this one is meant to be a mindless couple of hours spent at the theater. Sometimes it's nice to go to the theater and not have to think about anything, to just sit and take it for what it is and simply relax. I thought that it was a great action movie and not meant to be deep or (obviously) to be exactly like the original. I've never been a fan of looking too hard into movies, as IMO, they're meant as a temporary escape for the mind where even the highly impossible can happen and plot holes (which quite a few movies have) are to be overlooked (for the most part). So all-in-all, I enjoyed my couple of hours spent watching it.