Wanting to adopt a cat with an eye problem

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

coronet

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My thought process is Chevy has been in the shelter almost 3 years and they are sick of him not getting adopted, so they're trying to push him off as being "healthy" when he could possibly NOT be just to get him out of the shelter.

I called my vet today (rather the receptionist at the front desk, I suppose) and I expressed my concerns and asked about the possibility that they were lying to me about the health of the kitty and the receptionist said she didn't think the vet clinic would outright lie to me and it could possibly be allergies (why would his eye look cloudy then?) hence the wet eye.

But idk, it still seems kind of weird to me. I'm considering going to get him tomorrow!
I'm just a bit wary since I don't want to find out that he'll have to get tons of medications, or worse, surgery to fix the eye problem.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I did a "feline cloudy eye" goggle search and found several possible reasons for the cloudy eye.
That sweetie is adorable but I think that I would insist that they allow you to have your vet check it to be sure there is not a contagious underlying problem. I hope that you find it's OK...
he is a sweetie and needs a home.
That is just my opinion.