Wanting the best for my kitten - what do you feed yours?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

harleysdad

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It took me a long time to find them Stewball. The post is called the "Ulimate Scratching Post" and it's by CatSmart.
In USA you can get it cheap online, unfortunately in Australia I had to pay 3X that amount. The red cushioned seat
You buy separately and it just slides on.

The cat tree/condo I found at a pet shop here in Melbourne. I didn't want a carpet covered one, and I also wanted
to find one that didn't ruin my interior design! Lol :)

I hope Harley likes them!

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, that scratching post with the  seat is funky! And wow, I didn't realize ragdolls were so long-haired. Harley's an adorable kitten... I'm waiting to see pictures of him on the scratching post and condo!

harleysdad

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Haha :lol3: he will be like my human baby Raintyger, but thank god no nappy changing! Speaking of that, has anyone ever trained their cat to use the toilet? I've read about it and seen it online... They can learn to jump up and do their business in the toilet just like we do. No need to buy litter or every clean poop up again! I must admit, I like the idea of that... :clap: One guy I spoke to had even trained his cat to flush the toilet too which made me laugh :D

I love taking photos LisaHE and I'm sure Harley will be very photogenic - I'll be a proud father posting so many pictures while everyone is like.... *yawn* lol

I got him a catnip mouse today...

...and his "Oz Pet Cat Loo" system arrives tomorrow. I'm not going to go too crazy with toys because I know kittens can be just as happy playing with a toilet roll as
they will be a $50 toy from a pet shop. Saying that, I can't wait to see him running around trying to catch that laser light one!

I have put a deposit on another Ragdoll that will be ready to take home in 11 weeks. The idea is to wait and see how Harley settles in. If he seems lonely or unhappy then I'll get him a feline buddy. If he seems content being the centre of attention then fantastic, because to be honest I would rather just one cat. The breeder is happy to hold the other kitten for 6 weeks, then I have to tell her either way. All the other kittens in the litter are reserved too and she has people waiting, so if I decide not to take the kitten, I lose the deposit and the kitten will be offered to somebody on the waiting list. You read a lot that cats do better when there are two of them but we shall have to wait and see ;)

Last edited:

raintyger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Haha
he will be like my human baby Raintyger, but thank god no nappy changing! Speaking of that, has anyone ever trained their cat to use the toilet? I've read about it and seen it online... They can learn to jump up and do their business in the toilet just like we do. No need to buy litter or every clean poop up again! I must admit, I like the idea of that...
One guy I spoke to had even trained his cat to flush the toilet too which made me laugh
One thing to consider about toilet training - We get very little information on the health of our kitties since they can't talk. The litter box is one area where we do get feedback. Yes, it is an unpleasant chore, but if you toilet train your kitty you have no idea how often they are going or if there are any abnormalities. For instance:

--not enough pee

--blood in pee

--peed outside the box

--no poop

--poop is abnormal color

--diarrhea

horatiothecat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone :wavey:

I've decided to get a couple of different wet food options. All premium, and as healthy as I could find.

"Wellness" has a kitten food which has had amazing reviews, and also "Natures Gift" too - both sound and look to be high quality and grain free. They are also both available to me here in Australia although "Wellness" is only available through PetBarn, "Natures Gift" can be found at the pet shop or a supermarket.
I've also found a high protein grain free dry food which I'm glad about. I pick him up on Saturday, so currently getting everything ready...

As you can see my bedroom is getting a little cluttered hahaha! The breeder sent me another picture of Harley yesterday... Here it is

To say I'm excited is an understatement!

Thanks to everyone, I'm sure I'll be on here with more questions once I bring him home :nod:
Hahahaha he's sooo sweet, can't wait to see more pictures of his once in your hands.

Last edited:

horatiothecat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I ONLY feed Hills. My 21 year old cat can attest that it is the best food. I would never even consider feeding another brand. All my cats eat their grain free formula and I couldn't possibly ask for anything better.
Hi.

I'm a little confused, I also feed my cat Hills and planning to do so to my newest cat too but I have read from some ppl in this site that Hills isn`t any good so I am confused because hills and Royal canin are considered premium foods on my neck of the woods...:sigh:

harleysdad

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That's a very good point Raintyger, although I guess you would still be able to see if there was blood/diarrhea, as it would still be in the toilet if it had not been flushed. I met a guy who had trained his Sphinx cat to use the toilet quite recently. It was just something I was curious to ask about...