want another cat; need help

soka

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My mom tried to convince me to get my kitties declawed. I explained to her firmly that I don't believe in declawing. She started giving me all these reasons why I should have it done and that it doesn't hurt them. It got me so mad. Now, that is one thing I won't ever let anyone convince me to do, but as for neutering. That is in the best interest of the animal. It doesn't really hurt them or anything.

Heck, when I had Miki spayed, the vet said "Now she's going to be a bit sleepy over the next few hours, possibly for the rest of the day. Keep her in a dark place, blah, blah blah." He went on and on about it, and when I got Miki h home, do you know what she wanted to do. Play! It was as if she had no idea what had just happened. She was walking around the house, being her normal self, getting her toys and batting them around. During the first week, we had to stop her from jumping up on things because we thought she'd hurt herself. But she paid absolutely no mind to the fact she had surgery.