Wandering Mom? (urgent)

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Also give mom a box with blankets to nest in. Walls should be high enough to keep the kittens contained, and low enough for mom to get in and out easily.

Not sure if you saw my note earlier, but it’s very, very important that mom stays inside and 100% away from intact males. She can already get pregnant again.

Would you like help finding a low cost spay clinic in your area? Mom can be fixed when the babies are 2 months old.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Millitrix

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

So I moved them into my closet. For now I only have a fan heater but I will get a heating mat soon. I was rushing home from college so I wasn't able to get one. I did, however, get the KMR.

Bagghera is sitting by the door, meowing, clawing at it, trying to get out... should I let her out for a little bit? Should I give the kittens some of the KMR?

Millitrix

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
And no she is not around any intact males.

We are letting the future owners spay them because we don't have the funds but if you could link the site that would be great. I'll take a look at it.

Bagghera also seems to have calmed down a little bit... and now hiding under my bed

Millitrix

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She keeps taking one kitten under my bed... what do I do? Just keep putting it back into the closet?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Are you weighing the kittens? That is the only way to know if they need supplementing. They need to gain a minimum of 6-10 mLs each per day.

Millitrix

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Okay thanks will weigh them now

Millitrix

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
These are their weights as of right now:

Black kitten 1: 106.7gr
Black kitten 2: 107.1gr
Grey kitten 1: 98.5gr
Grey kitten 2: 98.6gr
Grey kitten 3: 89.6gr

Do these look okay?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Do you have their birth weights? I would need to compare to know if they are gaining. If not, we’ll know more when you weigh them tomorrow.

In general, are they eating and sleeping alot? Not crying much?

Millitrix

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Do you have their birth weights? I would need to compare to know if they are gaining. If not, we’ll know more when you weigh them tomorrow.

In general, are they eating and sleeping alot? Not crying much?
Gotcha.

Yes, they're sleeping right now. Helping them eat every hour to two hours. Mom is calm too.

Millitrix

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
And no, didn't weigh them at birth, my bad

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And no she is not around any intact males.

We are letting the future owners spay them because we don't have the funds but if you could link the site that would be great. I'll take a look at it.

Bagghera also seems to have calmed down a little bit... and now hiding under my bed
Which city is closest to you? We can look for resources in your area. Sometimes places can offer a deal for the whole family, and you can ask the adopters to reimburse.

Millitrix

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Which city is closest to you? We can look for resources in your area. Sometimes places can offer a deal for the whole family, and you can ask the adopters to reimburse.
Either Baltimore or Washington D.C., U.S.A.

Thank you.

Also, I have another quick question... Bagghera keeps on taking the kittens under my bed overnight. What can I do to stop he4 from taking them there?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I would let her take them where she wants them. Cats love it under beds. Best not to interfere unless it’s absolutely necessary.