Wandering cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

moayad albluwe

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'll get the kittens vaccinated on their 7th week (as the vet said). I'll get them checked by the vet this Saturday as I'm already going there to get the surgery site of the mother cat checked..
For the mother cat, the vet haven't mentioned anything about that she needs vaccines, and as he also checked her before the operation she doesn't have any signs of getting worms infections (cat Worms aren't common here).

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll get the kittens vaccinated on their 7th week (as the vet said). I'll get them checked by the vet this Saturday as I'm already going there to get the surgery site of the mother cat checked..
For the mother cat, the vet haven't mentioned anything about that she needs vaccines, and as he also checked her before the operation she doesn't have any signs of getting worms infections (cat Worms aren't common here).
Mom should probably have vaccines too. As a stray, she wasn't vaccinated. Babies should wait until 8 weeks.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You have rabies there, right? Definitely rabies vaccines at least. Being a stray she may have been exposed to any other diseases and is immune, but rabies is a big deal. You never know if she'll get out or a small rabid animal might get in.

moayad albluwe

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So I'll get the mother cat vaccinated, maybe this week as I'm already having a visit to the vet, is there any special vaccines that she'll need more than the others or an important vaccine?
For the kittens: I will get them also vaccinated on their 8th week, and will spay them at the same time if there is no problems in that. (Will save time and money)..
For rabies: it's very rare here that even most people don't know about it (I'm one of them), so i just googled about it and found it a dangerous disease, so i'll surely vaccine her from this and might even take one for mymyself, even though it's pretty rare (might even be null), but cautious is better!.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think they vaccinate people for rabies! All else sounds good.

doraaq

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

@Moayad Albluwe, I did find this one...http://www.hcaw-jordan.org/small-animals.html

Do you know of them?  I'm wondering whether they could help.
Hello, I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to jump in and say I wouldn't recommend this clinic in general. I know a vet who worked there, she told me they are a kill shelter even though they say they are not. They are also expensive, they don't make an effort to rehome cats and I would never take a cat there for multiple other reasons too.  

Moayad, my cat is exactly the same! She can open windows and screens to let herself in and out. She was a rescue cat, or so I thought. I learned later that she lets herself in and out of several homes in my area, and several of my neighbours think she is their cat! It was a nightmare when we got her spayed, because she can find her way out of any room. We shut her in the bathroom with a cone on, and 30 minutes later she wandered into the kitchen, without the cone. I still don't know how! She doesn't like other cats, so when she gets fed up with the cats in my house, she goes and sleeps at my neighbours house for a few days. Jordanian cats are very smart!

I know a vet in Amman who charges 40JD for spaying and 20JD for vaccinations, she does home visits. It's a little bit strange to have the operations performed in your living room but she has done several operations for my cats and they all worked out well. Let me know if you want her number.  

phyl1059

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hope all the kittens are spayed,neutered now.
Please give an up date when you have time.
I would love to see a picture of those smart kitty's!!!

moayad albluwe

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello, I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to jump in and say I wouldn't recommend this clinic in general. I know a vet who worked there, she told me they are a kill shelter even though they say they are not. They are also expensive, they don't make an effort to rehome cats and I would never take a cat there for multiple other reasons too.  

Moayad, my cat is exactly the same! She can open windows and screens to let herself in and out. She was a rescue cat, or so I thought. I learned later that she lets herself in and out of several homes in my area, and several of my neighbours think she is their cat! It was a nightmare when we got her spayed, because she can find her way out of any room. We shut her in the bathroom with a cone on, and 30 minutes later she wandered into the kitchen, without the cone. I still don't know how! She doesn't like other cats, so when she gets fed up with the cats in my house, she goes and sleeps at my neighbours house for a few days. Jordanian cats are very smart!

I know a vet in Amman who charges 40JD for spaying and 20JD for vaccinations, she does home visits. It's a little bit strange to have the operations performed in your living room but she has done several operations for my cats and they all worked out well. Let me know if you want her number.  
Thanks!, i wish if you nust sgowed earlier, before i spayed my cats...
for that clinic, i didn't go to it, it's in western amman and everything there is expensive, so i found another closer clinic and spayed my kittens there, it costs 70JD for a female and 35 for the male, i spayed my cat and her 4 kittens there...

It's seems like wandering is in Jordanian cats DNA, my cat is same as your's, she opens windows and screens, kitchen Cabinets,and she hates other cats a lot!, she used to get food from a few houses around when she wanders, and some of them have gave her a name and thought that she was their outside cat.. I've bought her a tag and put her name on it and my phone number to insure no one takes her as his cat..

As i haven't vaccinated them yet, it would be nice if you give me the phone number of that vet, atleast it'll save me from taking the kittens to the clincs..

Hope all the kittens are spayed,neutered now.
Please give an up date when you have time.
I would love to see a picture of those smart kitty's!!!
It all went good, the kittens are spayed and their wound have closed, it was a tough time, but it have passed now..
and about photographing them, it's nearly impossible as they never stop, and they keep moving and jumping and playing all day long, they are so noisy and annoying, they keep biting and scratching, totally unlike their mother which prefers to just sit down or go wandering...