Walking your cat... on a leash!

ramblinggnomes

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I´ve got a cat that´s 3 1/2. I´ve had a leash for ages which she´s been used to but didn´t have a car to take her somewhere quiet so I had to wait. Now I realise that was stupid and a a little kitten I probably could have just take her out onto the grass in the noisy neighbourhood and she would be an absolutely adventure cat by now! Nevermind.

We´ve been out a couple of times now, both with the first 5 minutes being fantastic and then the next 5 minutes being awful with her finally feeling relieved to be back in the car.
As a fond camper and hiker, I would really like her to be able to walk on leash but I don´t know if it´s going to happen.BUt then 5 minutes occasionally must still be good so that she can connect with the earth, feel some sun and a fresh breeze.

The plus side is that the car has been the safe place that she retreats too. On the way back today i tied her leash onto the seat belt so that she could leave her carrier if she wanted but not get into the front and distract me. She was good and didn´t meow and didn´t get out.
You can buy a lead at most pet stores that goes into the seat belt lock(is that what it´s called) so your cat can maybe have the best of both worlds. That´s what I´m going try. She might not walk but at least she can travel well now!