Walking Two Cats? Anyone ?

marblesmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i am slowly working on hopefully getting my now-11-mo-old cat to walk with a harness and leash. Have high hopes of taking her everywhere :)

We are still considering *maybe* getting a 2nd cat. If we do- can you walk two cats at once like you can walk two dogs?

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That is a good question. This thread is about a family with multiple cats who leash walk; Abandoned Kitten and June Bug Gets A Harness so @bengalcatman may be the best person to ask off the top of my head. If I am reading the thread right, its usually one cat per person when on walks since cats tend to explore more when they walk. Keeping track of and walking with two cats with different ideas of where they want to go might be a little challenging.

This website, Adventure Cats - Living Nine Lives to the Fullest, also may be able to help or be of interest.

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My wife and I each walk one of our 2 cats at the same time.

I think one person walking 2 cats coukd be risky.

We have been charged by dogs when walking our previous cat.

We scopped up the cat safely and my wife actuallly went after the dogs and the owner...lol.. but if it had been 2 cats and one person the outcome may have been different.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Keeping track of and walking with two cats with different ideas of where they want to go might be a little challenging.
Kieka Kieka - You are ever the Queen of understatement. Allow me to translate her remark above: "If I took two Snowshoes out on leashes - one in either hand - I'd come home with no arms."

nahui

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yesterday I saw for the first time a new neighbor that just moved in walking two cats in the evening, just as if they were dogs. I did not want to disturb their walk by stopping to ask her how she manages, or maybe spooking the kitties, but I'll try to catch her some other time when she is not walking her cats. I really want to know how she does it.

Whenever I try to take my cats for a walk is either one per person or if it's only me, then one at a time, but I've never dared to walk both at the same time by myself because with them it is more of a "follow them where they want to go" kind of thing more than a walk.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I tried walking two cats at once when they were kittens. Their idea of going for a walk was that they ride on my shoulders and I do the walking. :lol2: If I did manage to keep them on the ground they rarely both wanted to go the same direction at the same time.

Ceracera

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If you regularly take cats out for walks, how often do you need to deworm them?